Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everything is mostly done except for the paperwork. Mom’s room is empty and the key turned in. I put a big period in my life. Now to figure out who I am and what I want going forward.

Hugs all

you can figure that all out in your own time now Sue - many hugs to you my friend 💜

Going to a couple of open houses today. Don’t think either will probably fit my fancy, but will help with figuring out size etc. DB may go with, though unnecessary. If I find something promising I will definitely take him and DS and DD.

DD says what I have is nice except for the yard. She is right about that, but between the HOA and the sad memories here, it’s just hard.

Last night she and I got to just hang out and it was awesome. We had dinner on the deck, then took the dogs to the trail for a walk and chatted and it was awesome. I missed so much of that in her teens and beginning 20’s. Can’t believe she will be 25 this year. All that happened while I was tangled up with Brian.

It’s sunny out today which is good, I’m kinda melancholy though.

I got a lot of my work caught up, more to do today. Also dug through most of the boxes of stuff I brought home from Mom’s. Made a box for DB, tossed the obvious junk, and put away things that were staying. Still have another 2 boxes or so of that to deal with.

Picked up the death certs yesterday, so tomorrow I can start the paperwork parade once again.

Have an awesome day all

Well I could not log on here yesterday. Not sure if it was home or the forum when I tried.

Mailed off the first of the death certs, called about the insurance and they are sending the necessary forms. More calls lined up for this afternoon. Her 2 retirements. Those should be easy. Then have to figure out about cancelling the credit cards they had. Have a few bills I’m expecting that will need paid.

I did go walk through a few houses on Sunday and DB did come. BLAH. I did reach out to the realtor too and we are going to look at a few that are not open, maybe on Wed. There was one that went contingent then came back. That was on my list to her and I saw last night it’s contingent again. Not meant for me I guess.

Yesterday was work and a ton of it. Have to head back out there this morning. Then I have to get my speech together for the employees and how things are going to change going forward.

Going to be a busy week. Oh and DS and DDIL are taking a vaca and I’ll have my grand puppy to add to the doggy fun this week.

Hugs all

Sue, when the right house is available, you'll find it. I think looking would be fun...as you say, you need to see what's out there and what appeals to you. After so many years of not putting yourself first this must be both bittersweet and exciting. As far as who you are and what want, well, I wonder if I will ever figure that out.

Hugs my friend.

The hunt yesterday was fun. I did find one house that I really loved. The bad part was the taxes. Part of why I’m moving is to lower my outlay each month and this would actually increase it. However, I do have an idea of size now. It’s a shame, but when I really think about it, while it’s off the beaten path and quiet, the street is narrow and winding so taking a walk would be a bit risky. Too bad because the house itself was perfect. :(

I know the right house at the right time will come along. Not worried, but so ready to move forward.

Hugs all

Hope you get your message across well at work so you get that part of your life a little smoother and can focus on your dream house finding you 💜

Thank you for the reminder about getting my message clear in my head to the employees. That would be something that I can do while sitting still.

It seems that “kick me” sign is still stuck firmly in place. I have a call into the AC repair. It died late yesterday. Going to 90F/32c today. And supposed to be around there all week. BLAH. And yes I’ll end up paying premium to have someone on the weekend. Joy, joy. I had so many plans for this weekend.

Well better run

Wish I could send cool breezes, but I'm sending good vibes your way. We have the same 90+ degree weather forecast. Hope it's an easy (and inexpensive) fix.

Hugs!

Ugh Sue! Mine quit Thursday night. Friday the capacitor was changed and I have air again but the unit is 17 years old so I'm getting some quotes to take care of that limping unit.

I hope you can find someone that fixes it quick and doesn't charge you an arm and a leg...

I did get someone out to fix my AC. Sooner same problem as yours, but mine is only 7yo. Not sure what you spent, but considering my was a weekend, it cost me 295.

Yesterday turned into an ok day. I did get a couple of things done after the air was fixed

Today I am looking at some houses late afternoon.

This morning I’m going to relax. Sleep last night was aweful. Slept for about 4 hours then woke for 2. Back to sleep finally and then my sons dog woke me at 5:30. It’s now 7:15 and I’m finally getting to sit. Between the 3 dogs, it’s been nuts.

Have a great day all

I paid about half that... but it wasn't the weekend and I am having them quote a new unit so maybe they wanted to make a good impression?

I can't wait to hear about the house hunt! I enjoy looking so much!

Sooner I would have been probably 100 less had it been on a weekday. Life doesn’t always go as planned.

Looked at some houses yesterday. One was very nice a tad small, but great yard space. However, it’s over priced and I won’t do anything until I could take DS with me to have a gander. But I also won’t come close to biding what they are asking. I’ll keep looking.

Willow is still giving me fidgets with this potty training business. I wish I knew why. Me not getting enough sleep isn’t helping the matter either. I keep telling myself it will happen.

Hope everyone has a great day.

We know better than anyone that "Life doesn't always go as planned."

Hopefully Willow will figure out the potty training too. I know that is frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back