Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all,

A bit better sleep last night, so feeling pretty good at the moment. I still could use more sleep but let’s hope the coffee helps

Going to visit Mom today, tried calling her yesterday and no answer. Not sure if she couldn’t get the phone or what, I do know she’s ok, or they would have called me. A blessing in that regard.

Well my new pup has hit the terrible 2’s or teen’s whichever way you want to look at it. She chewed a hole in my carpet while I was in the bathroom:mad: Here I am trying to get things straight to possibly list the house and now my living room carpet has a hole.

Have a great day all.

So frustrating! My dog chewed up my newest pair of prescription glasses when Cliff was still alive...

Maybe a carpet person could repair it with some out of a closet or something?

Oh boy where do I start. Not sleeping well still. Last night was aweful. However I think part is connected to Mom

Friday when I took Mom to the Dr. She was moving slow, but she was using her walker and walking. Then yesterday I was over to see her. She told me she’s no longer afraid to die. I asked her if she was before, she said yes, don’t you remember how I clung to you when I came here. - ah no. I asked her if she still wanted to be here and she said yes. I said you know what you have to do to be here? She scrunched up her nose and said PT and I said yes and eat.

Last night DB went to see her. He called me after. She was finishing up dinner when they got there and was in a WC, so he drove her back to the room. When he went to help her transfer to her chair in the room, he said she could not even stand and hold her own body weight. He basically lifted her.

I spoke with the nurse who does her drains yesterday. She also mentioned how quickly she’s gotten weak and the weight she’s losing. I asked her what she weighed on Monday, she said 105. When I asked mom yesterday what she weighed she told me 113.

She also gave me her wedding rings and this other ring she loves. She told me my DB would be mad when he found out. He and I discussed it and as I told her he wasn’t mad and didn’t really care. Then we talked about the fact that my brother has their bedroom set, except for the dresser she is using. At that point she told me that he should not be lifting anything heavy because he was having chest pains and down his arm. (DB had a heart attack about 10 years ago and had stints placed). Also talked to him about that and he said nope, no pain. I had told her he was just at the Dr about 2 months ago and they did a full check of his heart.

I know with out a doubt my losses for this year are not yet over. I’m just not ready for another one yet. We both believe she’s given up.

Dogs are being dogs. No distruction yesterday, but her mouth, I’ve never had such a rough time getting a dog to quit biting.

Have an awesome day all

So hard Sue - I know I had so many losses that first year, it was unbelievable.
I hope your mum can just find some peace.

Your pup is teething, she must have a lot of pain in there that she is trying hard to relieve :)

So sorry Sue. I can only imagine how hard that is emotionally. It would be hard enough to process all that you went through with Brian and losing him without these additional significant losses. Kate

Thank you girls.

Tillie - yes, Willow is somewhat teething as did my other dogs, but they were more easily redirected and learned quickly that it’s ok to chew on appropriate things, but that doesn’t include people :). She was also using it to signal me she needed to go out. That was a tough one, but we might be partly past that. She did use the bell 2x yesterday to let me know. It’s a double whammy when you are trying to potty train at the same time and she chooses biting to let you know.

Visited mom again yesterday. I took Oreo. Then when I got home, my MIL texted to see if she could go visit her. And my SIL and nephew showed up too. I think she will be happy for a quieter day today. I was also able to inform another CNA about her food in her fridge and offering to get something for her. She did eat a few bites of potato salad and her protein drink while I was there. Then had an applesauce later in the day. Minor improvement.

I had a really rough day yesterday, but I feel much better today. We will see how it goes.

Hugs

Sue, I wish your mom can be there with you some more. She seems to cope in her own way which is always the only way. Much hugs to you.

Thank you Wish

Have to call Mom today. I didn’t yesterday due to all the visits. I know she was doing well, as her nurse called and she also had a good PT report for me too. Much better news.

Went to work yesterday and did bits and pieces here as it’s tough with a puppy getting into everything.

DS will be over later for a WO and hopefully we can finish the van and give Willow a much needed bath. With her mouth it’s going to take 2 of us. :)

Have a great day all

You just reminded me I am a dog neglector! Tayo needs a bath :)

Have a good weekend!

Been a busy weekend.

DD’s BF is here. They are enjoying time together. They had a BD party to attend yesterday for his Godson. I got a head on my work stuff for Monday and got more cleaning done in the office.

Today I’m going to check out and open house. It’s likely too small, but I want to get a feel for the space and see how much I think I need. It’s about 5 min from where I currently live, but no HOA and a yard I could fence for the dogs.

Not sure what else today will bring.

Hugs all

I so enjoy looking at houses for sale. I looked at many just for fun and who knew I would find my perfect house. When my brother started looking for his home, they allowed me to join for fun again. I helped them move two weeks ago. Cliff and I enjoyed doing that for many years before we built.

One thing I decided when I was looking for fun was if I find the perfect home, great, but I didn't want to make a house work... I didn't need to move so I didn't have to settle for something that "I could make work".

Good Morning all,

I did go to a few open’s yesterday. The first one, while small would have been a good size. Main issues were the 2nd bedroom didn’t have a closet and the back yard was steep upward so fencing for the dogs, could happen, but mowing wouldn’t work, so crossed that off the list. Fun to look though.

The second house had the distinct smell of moisture that hit you as soon as you opened the front door. And some other strange oddities. It was more than I wanted to spend anyway, so it was just for fun. There was one around the corner that was open too, so what the heck, stopped in. Nope. Outside it looked beautiful, but the land was aweful and the inside wasn’t good either. It was also 2 story and I’d prefer a ranch, but thought about my DS and DDIL.

Today is work and working on this place for what needs done before I could market, so busy day.

Have a great one all

Hi All,

Crap day today. We will be meeting with hospice for mom tomorrow. That after I had to fight with the Dr.’s office because they could not listen to what they were told. To long to go into, but if anything came from DH’s illness, I’ve learned how to get my point across with physician offices.

Yeah me, headed for number 3 - NOT

Hope everyone else is having a better day.

So sorry, Sue. Sending hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back