Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Nina, I am so glad you have your faith back. It is ever so important in moving forward.

Jrzygrl, DDs profs have been amazing. She will be taking her finals a week later than everyone else. They are being very gentle with her.

Today I went to Church and looked for some papers. Other than that I have just relaxed. Watched some TV. It’s been wonderful.

Tomorrow I have payroll to do, laundry and thank you notes.

Hugs

Payroll is done, made a dent in the Thank you’s but no where near finished. Received another care package today. More fruit. Yikes, I hate to see stuff go bad and hopefully this will take a week to ripen??

Been a good day. Working on laundry now.

My MIL was here today and did up the laundry that was left. Basically just towels which I will donate to the animal shelter.

Hugs

Yesterday was productive. I stopped into the shop to pick up work. That was hard as I expected it to be. That was Brian’s life. They made a plaque of the front of his service bulletin. It’s beautiful. I brought it home to show DS and DD and then it will hang there somewhere.

I made a further dent in the thank you’s and finished up phone calls. I have to mail a form, probably Friday and hopefully I can just make one post office running for everything.

Today I am headed to my volunteer place for the first time in 2 years. Been doing that from home too. That place always warms my heart.

Tomorrow I will go with DSIL to take Mom to get drained. That way I will know ropes a bit if I have to take her while DB and SIL are on vaca in Jan.

Friday is my own Dr appt to follow up on changing me to Zoloft, the post office, a WO and hopefully get the living room set up to put up the tree.

Yup, never a dull moment. :)

Hugs

Yep! Moving forward... one step at a time. That’s how we roll!

Sue, you're such a doer!
I'm on a roll with big steps forward. I found a new job and am really happily excited. It's a big company, very different from the small company I worked in ever since I finished school. My new work tribe is likeable and the work is related to my old job but I'll have to learn a lot of new stuff. I'll start mid-January so there's still some time to bum around.
Just hijacking as good news shouldn't hurt. ;)

Wish I’m so excited for you. Go ahead and hijack! That should prove to be just the challenge you might need.

Hugs

Sue it's so good that you have a bit of a clear run just now and can get so much done

Are you sleeping well?

Wish that's awesome all around :D

Last evening I had a bit of a moment. Not sure what triggered, but I expect them come, so no worries.

I’m up early to go help with mom.

Finally picked up paint for my powder room so we can get the TP holder back on the wall. It’s a tiny room, so painting should go quickly, just didn’t fit the agenda before.

Did not touch a single Thank you yesterday. Just could not make myself do it. Maybe later today.

Funeral home dropped off a memory candle with DH’s picture on it. Maybe that was the trigger.

My kitchen table is driving me nuts. It’s my spot for the thank you’s and therefore a huge mess. I can’t stand it. Dispersed some of the flowers around the house, but that’s driving me crazy too. Tons of plants. I have to give some of them away, I just don’t have room for them all.

Well gotta run

Just let the thank you cards be. If people mean what they wrote on condolence cards they shouldn't expect an answer. I was happy and thankful about the cards and messages I received but I didn't make it a task to react in the same fashion.

I will be honest and say I never wrote a single thank you card.

I had one of my kids piling up every card I received, and note on who had given flowers etc and they piled up in this one place. A month went by, I started to feel a bit bad, but just couldn't sit still to do it, another month, another and I don't know how many months went by when one day I told myself that it was truly OK and I bundled them all up and filed them with all of Chris's paperwork from the illness time.

I think you do what works - if writing those cards makes you feel good in some way, do it as you can manage it by all means. If it starts to feel like a burden, give yourself permission to let it go :) Tillie said ... :lol:

Thank you Tillie. I will wade through however slowly. Mailed a good bit today, along with other paperwork that needed sent.

Went to the Dr this morning, she was shocked by my news as I’d been telling her about the king of rebound. She offered to up my Zoloft if I felt the need. I told her not right now. She said to call if I ever felt the need.

Came home and DS came over. We moved some furniture and set up the tree. It needs deco’d but it’s up. Also got the powder room ready for paint. That was my day. Then I read a bit and just had dinner.

I’m not feeling super great, tomorrow is Mom’s Christmas party, so I will do that. Otherwise I will chill and just do what feels right. I’m not going to fight this, just let it flow through me.

Life

“I’m not going to fight this, just let it flow through me”.

I love that, Sue. Great advice for PALS and current CALS as well.

Sue,
Thank you for sharing your journey forward with us. I'm not there yet, but it helps to hear from others who are.
Mary

Good morning all,

Finding night time to be rough. Mornings seem to be really good. It will all take time I know.

I was up early. Too much caffeine late in the day. Put a huge dent in the Thank you’s. Waiting for more to arrive Monday from the funeral home, then I can finish that task for the most part.

Today I go to Moms Christmas party. That’s all that is on the agenda for today.

I hope you can enjoy the Christmas party today...

It will be nice to finish the thank yous.

Don't forget to do something for yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back