Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a quick update. A friend I met at the local ALS overnights I used to attend for caregivers, lost is wife this past week. She finally gained her angel wings after 14 years. She was never vented. I drove the 2 hours to attend the viewing to support my friend. As you all can imagine, he was thrilled I was there. I was so very sad for him as I know the confused feelings of relief and pain and what he is about to go through now.
I the way home I was speaking with a mutual friend from those overnights who lost his wife in Sept. She had chosen to quit eating and drinking and ended her own battle. He was unable to attend this viewing as he is currently down with COVID. He too is struggling, thinking of things he said while going through the battle. I tried to assure him the his wife understood and knew how much he loved her.

It was quite the emotional weekend, and it will be capped with what would have been our anniversary coming on Wed. (37 years).

I hope Everyone has the best Valentine‘s day possible as you remember your loved ones.

Hugs

oh wow Sue, that's huge. How beautiful you could give that support.
I have found it helps to be able to support back, I hope it helps as you move through this anniversary week.

Thank you Tillie. We will see what tomorrow brings.
Hugs

Hi all,

Its been a while. I’ve been busy. Made it through the anniv without too much trouble.

DD/DBF we’re is for my BD on the 19th, that was awesome.
Life is good right now.

hugs,

I see I’m due for an update. Trying to get things done around the house and knitting quite a bit. Weather has been up and down, so kind of spring but not really.

I have trees to cut up from the ice storm we had this winter and weeds to pull as we have had enough sun and warmth for them to grow.

Work is still work, I’d still love to retire. Hopefully soon.

Hugs to all,

Trees are finally cut up. House items are coming along slowly. Trying to get in my annual FL vaca to my GF's, but having issues finding a dog sitter for the pups.

Ordered some perenials for my hillside today. Hopefully timing will be right for when the man I hired to deal with the extremely steep hill gets here with the landscaping cloth and mulch. Then he can plant while he does the other. It will make a huge difference in the look of the place. He will also be doing river rock in the front beds for me. Slowly but surely it will come together.

I hope everyone is well and i wish you all a blessed summer or winter depending where in the world you are.

Hugs

I have a strategy - if an area is hard to mow or look after - plant it out. Sounds like you know my secret 😂
I hope you get away!

Sound like your garden is coming along nicely. Fingers crossed for your retirement plans. Getting a sitter for the dogs will hopefully be much easier than finding one for the company.

Thank you Tillie and Wish.

Actually the business should be easier - DS should be doing the taking there.

Yes, Tillie, get it covered with plants to block out the weeds. Will take time as it is currently bare and a large area, but it will happen.

Hugs

Yikes, time for a qick update.

I've been busy with work and getting things done around this new place. My latest item to tackle was painting my kitchen cabinets. Wasn't ready to do a whole replace, but they did need freshened up.

Last weekend, my very first grand turned 2. I can hardly believe it. Brian would have had so much fun with her. It is so bittersweet when I think about it. He wanted grands in the worst way when our kids were teens. I'm so sorry he had to miss them.

Life is good. I hope all of you are as well.

Hugs

good to hear from you Sue - there are always that bittersweet after taste isn't there?
still 2 years, I can barely believe it either!

Tillie -yes very true on the bittersweet after taste. I wish it was not so. Yesterday also had me thinking that Nov will be 4 years. How can that be?? It seems so yesterday and also so long ago. Just typing that brought tears to my eyes. So many things I can't do on my own with the house and have to hire out now. Life.

So blessed with my grands. Number 2 will be 8 months on Thursday. Unreal how time flies.

Hugs

Hey Sue, good to hear from you!
Time flies, yet it all is very present still. I was at a barbecue this weekend and a friend's wife with her 5 month old baby on her arm asked me how long we haven't meet. I pointed at her firstborn, who must have been born in the Fall of 2018, and said "About yay long".
Children are a great visualization of passing time.

Thank you Wish. It's good to see you too. Yes, children are a wonderful way to mark time.

hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back