Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
Bethlehem
Hi. I am a new member here. My Mom has had symptoms since 2001 of weakness. She now is in a wheelchair with syptoms of progression. (Babininski, clonus, EMG showing chronic denervation) She has also started to have some trouble forming words, but this seems sporadic. He neurologist is now sending her to the ALS clinic in our area. Her progression has been really slow,so she is still waiting to be diagnosed. Advice or information that can be provided is extremely helpful and comforting.
Thanks
Andie

HI Andie and glad to have you in......Remember that family means more to mothers than you can ever imagine. You didn't say whether your mother lives with you or not but if not, then visiting her whenever you can is usually a happy moment. It's fantastic you are taking such a concern for her. Take her some flowers. It'll help to spruce up a room.

Doug

Hi Doug! My mother does live with me. I just repainted/redecorated her bedroom for her since it had been my son's and was a blinding yellow! The flowers are a great idea for the room though. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. Take care.
Andie

Hi Andie- sorry to hear about you Mom- I hope they find something other than ALS! You are to be congratulated for doing all you can to learn about MND and how you can support all of you. If it turns out to be something serious, the whole family will be greteful for what you learn. Glad you decided to join us. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back