AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Mother-in-law update

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennieLeslie

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
CA
Hello all,

I just wanted to thank all of you for your support and willingness to share your knowledge on ALS.

Mom was checked into the hospital a week ago with pneumonia. A swallow study revealed that she is aspirating whenever she swallows. She has denied a G-tube, and yesterday she was moved to hospice. Her sons and daughter are all traveling to be with her in her last time. I'm so grateful to you all for the information you shared so that we could better navigate the progression of this disease and be as prepared as we could be.

Thank you,
Jennie

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
Sorry to hear of her rapid decline. I think it is wonderful that you can respect her wishes regarding no PEG an give her a comfortable passing.

scaredwifetx

Forum Supporter
Very helpful member
Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
tx
My thoughts are with you and your family right now. I will also pray for a comfortable passing for her. It is good to hear that her wishes are being respected.

JennieLeslie

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
CA
Thank you both. I didn't know that a mother in law could be a best friend, but she is certainly mine. I feel as though I am losing her twice. Once when her voice stopped, and now again.

Jennie

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
WA
Jennie,
I'm sorry that you're losing your friend & MIL. However much time each of you can spend in the moment with her, you will treasure it.

Best,
Laurie

frankb

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Georgia
My thoughts are with you, Jennie, during this troubling time. I wish you strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks