Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wheelchairdriver

All I can say to your post Life isn't done till it's done is AMEN! My best to you, Beebe

Wise and wonderful people

ALS has changed my life in two ways: it made me at widow at age 36 with a small son and it tought me how to love. I believe God is love and to love is the most important thing we can do with our lives.
You have open my heart a little more with your postings - thank you for teaching me how to live! I think I have learned the most important lessons in my life from people with ALS.
Sunny

Hi Sunny,

The human experience is similar to river rafting. You can use your paddles and try to avoid the big objects, but don't fool yourself, the river is in control. You can't go backwards, or change its course. You must take what the river gives you and do your best to handle it gracefully, all the while, enjoying the ride.:-D

Mike

I went to the funeral parlor today to see a man I met last summer. He was diagnosed with ALS in Dec. of 2005. He passed away on Tues. We kept promising to get together again but he was involved in his things and me with mine. My wife talked with his wife but we just never got around to getting together. He had limb onset and is gone in a year. Very fast and unexpected. A blunt reminder to me to not put off things until tomorrow. Tomorrow may not come. AL.

Al- good reminder. We all need to remember this and it doesn't hurt to be reminded from time to time.

Wheelchair driver: welcome to the forum. Did I read it right that this is your first post? You are my new role model! I don't even have a firm DX yet and usually am too tired to get off the sofa, but here you are scooting around on snow mobiles!

DIDN, spend all my time snoscooten

I was diagnosed Feb. 05 with leg onset ALS .The first spring I started my last woodworking project and built my own casket. My wife thouhgt I was crazy but said it turned out beautiful ,Buy the time Iwas done with I was ready for my Wheelchair.

Just when I thought I'd heard everything. Quite innovative Wheelchairdriver. I know quite a few guys that do woodworking but have never seen them do a projet that would be that useful in the end so to speak. Good one! AL.

Now that's my kind of attitude! Got yourself a hobby that will also prove useful!

BTW, today (again) my tongue feel furry and thick. I thought I was talking funny and asked Lee if I sounded so to him. He said he couldn't hear it. I replied that my tongue felt thick. He said, "It has to be from overuse. It got that way because you talk so much. Just like when you used to go to the gym, Cindy. You exercise a muscle it gets thicker. Try talking less."

That's my guy!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back