Status
Not open for further replies.
I was diagnosed psuedo bulbar one year ago. I twitch in every possible inch of my body. Facial, eye, nose lips tongue, loads and loads along my midriff, stomach, arms legs..EVERYWHERE and mine do jump around all over the place all the time. I thnk the only place that has not twitched is my ears.

Bethu..I value your opinion...you said that symptoms dont jump around...please tell me your thoughts on this...I would just LOVE to go to my doctor and asked to be tested or retested for something different and find I dont have this at all. I want to find I have something with more hope

i thought als will not started by twitching around your body?

is this ur first symptoms?

have u been dianogsed with ALS?

best wishes
bryan

Yes I am diagnosed with motor neuron...as it is know in the uk..als. I have bulbar. My first symptoms were slurred speech, liquids spurting out of my mouth the wrong way, and increased saliva, meaning I had to swallow lots more.
The neuro said I had weakness which I had not noticed too much, although I did feel that everything was more of an effort. THe neuro said what I had within minutes of me walking into his office..(he tried to put it in a gentle way, but I asked him point blank, as we know someone else with als, and he said yes) a few weeks later, all the tests done, it was confirmed. The constant twitching started shortly after, (after the emg was done,) and the real weakness did not kick in for a couple of months. Now one year later, I cant talk and can hardly walk, cant go up any steps at all

can you describe the pattern of your twitching? is it twitch more in the part that are going to astrophy or more weakness?

do the muscle pain like they have worked out alot ? like when u press it gently using ur finger, it pain like it worked out alot

best wishes

my twitches have been all over,big ones and little ones, no pattern. I dont believe I have any atrophy yet..but I have a lot of weakness and loss of balance. The .pain is sometimes in my joints, like hips or knees, even when I am still, other pain is in movement not when I touch it.

Hi Everyone,

So does ALS always progress in this fashion? Starting with one side etc.? I am still having difficulties swallowing, however, still do not notice a problem with my speech. My legs are very weak and my toes cramp (Not all the time). I have two days before the big trip to Orlando. I am having so much difficulty getting around that I am worried sick about it. :sad: From what I hear, bulbar ALS would not spread like this/this quickly/this fashion? Is twitching and muscle cramps/stiffness constant/ever go away?

Thanks so much for your help, you are all so wonderful,

HOL1014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back