More Great News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

This is what Al has been saying all along. The technique has to be tested and approved. Glad to see they are making progress on both fronts. If the trials prove successful and are approved as treatments, the headlines will ring and we will all dance in the sunshine. :D

I don't care about the sunshine, I just wanna dance!

Oh, that is too great. What's the quickest way to Maryland? I'm packed and ready to go.

(And I am so happy for those little rats who have done so much for science, and have been cured. Paralysis reversed ! May they have long, happy mousey lives.)

lovely encouraging link...
I saw one of my neuros today...NOT from an als clinic....he said to forget stem cell treatment...but then he did not even know about the uk lithium trial...(but he did say ....go for it..) .so I dont think he is too up to date with what is going on...He might have the knowledge of the disease but I seem to be keeping him up to date with what is going on out there.
another link....saw this today...Sheffield university is already doing lots of research, but just shows ..lots of people are now getting more on our case.
My new year resolution..we WILL get a cure

http://www.shef.ac.uk/mediacentre/2008/1139.html

Stem Cell Question

This is an odd question, but are the stem cells family members of the ALS patients?
And I'm told they need to be a blood type match? Is there a stem bank for matches?

great article, thanks so much!
brenda

time frame

Thanks for the link, always encouring to read about the developments. Does anyone know what the timeframe from having approval to run the trials to actual recruitment of patients and conduction of trials is?

Thank you for great news

Wow. This is big. We need to all pray on this! Thank you

This is an odd question, but are the stem cells family members of the ALS patients?
And I'm told they need to be a blood type match? Is there a stem bank for matches?

There does need to be a blood type match, plus about 4 other things...I havent found out what yet...we are looking into collecting cord blood from 2 new arrivals early in 2009...all I have found out so far is that the blood group must match...PLUS...but so far I cannot find out what. There is a stem cell bank in the UK, (manchester)...look under the Anthony Nolan Trust...which started MANY years ago just for bone marrow transplants....they have only just opened the cord blood bank, but it mainly deals with stem cells for leukemia, they wont consider anything to do with MND yet, as nothing is proven...BUT Kings College hospital in london are now also collecting cord blood for research...and one of the main doctors is a neuro, looking at finding help for mnd/als
Let them find it QUICK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back