Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
NY
City
Buffalo
April 21st will be two years since i lost my mother to this disease.
Mom i still think about you all the time and still the pain hasn't gone away... All the time i lay here wishing you were still here. I used to fantasize about how our lives would have been different if you never developed ALS...

I worry about me and my young sister's health, as she was never genetically tested (that we know of, it's a complicated situation...) but mostly i just miss her. My sister was 8 when she passed... all she will ever remember of her is probably a few passing images and stories.

I remember the ice bucket challenge was trending during the time she was fighting it. I was tagged to do it by my friends but i could never do it, it was too real for us...

I hope they find a cure soon so no child has to lose their parent like this again. Mom, i miss you and love you with all my heart and i can't wait to hold you again in a better place.

Having been through the death of my father from cancer, and a brother by his own hand, I have experience with grief.Closure is a thing that doesn't exist. You don't get over it, you learn to limp.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back