CALS
Country
US
State
MI
City
Madison Heights
Hi everyone,

My mom passed early yesterday afternoon. I want to thank all of you for your warmth, compassion, love and complete understanding as you helped me battle her disease. She is at peace now, roller skating with my Dad and probably screaming with delight (she has her voice back now I'm sure).

I am going to participate in the Walk 'n Roll for ALS in Michigan on 09/09/2007. I have also asked all friends and family in lieu of flowers to please donate to ALS of Michigan. I plan to continue on checking in on all of you, and will keep you in my prayers each and every day.

Keep fighting. Never keep fighting.

Home Again

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Please do check in occasionally. Someone who has been through the trials and tribulations of ALS can be of help to others coming on the forum. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
AL.

home again said:
Hi everyone,

My mom passed early yesterday afternoon. I want to thank all of you for your warmth, compassion, love and complete understanding as you helped me battle her disease. She is at peace now, roller skating with my Dad and probably screaming with delight (she has her voice back now I'm sure).

I am going to participate in the Walk 'n Roll for ALS in Michigan on 09/09/2007. I have also asked all friends and family in lieu of flowers to please donate to ALS of Michigan. I plan to continue on checking in on all of you, and will keep you in my prayers each and every day.

Keep fighting. Never keep fighting.

Home Again

Home again------My condolences to you and yours, but hey, Mom is free! She is at peace! Her Heavenly Father, our Heavenly Father had them pearly gates wide open for Mom. and she flew right through them gates with her angelic wings. She is probably telling all of the Pals that have made it to Heaven, "We're free at last! No more pain, no more feeding tubes, I got my voice back! Watch me run!" God bless all Pals that have passed, and the ones that are still living with this horrible disease. You folks are special!

xoxoxo,
Mom of a Pals that passed
on June 3, 2007
Love you all, and God bless!

I'm sorry for your loss.
I'm glad you take some solace in the fact that she is free of the disease and reunited with your dad.

home again

sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. but, i was so happy to feel that you and your mom are at peace now. my mom is suffering right now with ALS and our family is being torn apart. so much anger and frustration and hurt - no peace at all.
we need to know that at the end, there is peace and comfort and a place to move on. so, i thank you for your message of hope for that.
cathym

cathym said:
sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. but, i was so happy to feel that you and your mom are at peace now. my mom is suffering right now with ALS and our family is being torn apart. so much anger and frustration and hurt - no peace at all.
we need to know that at the end, there is peace and comfort and a place to move on. so, i thank you for your message of hope for that.
cathym

Hi, cathym! So sorry to hear about your mom. May God bless her, and may He watch over her during her illness. We all know als will not go away. The best we can do is love our loved ones. When you happen to check on her, ask her if everything is alright, but don't forget that little hug, the pat on the head, the little kiss on her cheek or her forehead. Tell her you love her as often as you can, and don;t worry, you will noit be driving her bananas. I used to do that with my son, numerous pecks, I love you's, hugs, and smoothing his hair. I missed those little love pats after he was gone. And hey, guess what? I still walk up to his pictures, touch the glass, reach over and kiss his pic, and tell him, "I live you, baby!" It is quite an experience sweetheart. You go through stages, the early ones are the worst. To tell you the truth, I did more crying when I first learned about my son's fate, than at the funeral. Sure I cried at the funeral, and after I got home. I thought I was going to be uncontrollable, but believe me God has his ways
of consoling you. You still cry, but the tears are different. I feel my son's presence, and I feel as if he is telling me, "Mom, you are doing great!" Isn't that strange? It may sound like I am fibbin', but I am not. How I love my baby. I know he is here with me, but I cannot see him! Take care sweetie, dn't leave this forum, and give Mom a big hug and kiss for me, oh yeah, and a prayer!

xoxoxo,
Irma::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back