• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Mom passed last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gil, I hear your advice. I hope that you find peace now.

Gil I am sorry. You have had a rough road, and stayed the course admirably. I think you are a hero.

So sorry for your loss Gil. I hear your advice as well. May peace be with you and your family.

So sorry for the loss of your mom, Gil.

You did an amazing job under horrible circumstances.

Hugs to you,
Joan

So sorry Gil. No doubt your love and the love of your family helped her on her journey.

So sorry for your loss Gil. My thoughts and prays go out to you.

Gil- I am so sorry for your mother's passing. I am very glad it was peaceful. I wish you healing and the joy of many good memories.

Fiona

Condolences on your loss, Gil. Hoping you are comforted in some part that she passed peacefully in her home, as she wished. The journey has been so difficult, wishing you a big measure of peace as well that her suffering is over.

So sorry, Gil.

I am so very sorry for your loss...

Jim

I am so sorry for your loss Gil. I know from a previous post that you said you have been living apart from your wife and would return to her when this was over. I also hope you find peace and happiness in your future. I know that all the loses you have experienced will always be a part of you, but you mom is finally free of this terrible thing and you have a life ahead. Take good care.

Gil how are you doing? Thinking of you.

Laurel

My sympathies to you and your family. I hope the knowledge that you gave her her wish to be at home surrounded by loved ones gives you some peace.I support your statement on carefully considering a trach and vent. My husband is on one and the thought that we might have to make the decision to take him off is almost unbearable.

I so wish my brother-in-law would read this forum to get viewpoints like yours! My sister has ALS/FTD and is under Hospice care, and they have been pressing her husband to fill out MOLST forms and choose not to place her on a ventilator or do CPR if the need arises. He can't bring himself to do that, despite their admonitions about what would happen if she has a cardiac or respiratory arrest without such arrangements in place, but the Hospice nurse feels (correctly, I think) that he will never be able to make the decision to remove ventilation if she is placed on it. The sister I knew would never ever want any of these things done, but she is past the point of being able to make these decisions herself, and her husband is in total denial. There is still time yet, but I fear that he may never be able to make this wrenching decision. My heart goes out to you, and I hope you won't be put in the position of having to make this hard call. Your experience and thoughts may help others facing the same scenario.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Gil. You must also feel relieved. Now, a new chapter begins. It's been three months since my mom passed and it feels like yesterday.

So sorry, Gil, and thank you for your comments re. vents/trachs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back