Country
US
State
TX
City
Austin
Hello,

Thank you in advance for reading.

All of this started after getting Covid in Sept 21. My calf muscles were tight (pre-cramping). Then came the full body twitching (Dec), internal vibrations and right left feels wobbly and weak- balance issues on it at this point.

I saw a neurologist in January and have had every test. No answers. Emg/ncs showed carpal tunnell in arm and doctor mentioned sciatica but told me it is not even enough to put on the report. Entire leg/foot tingles when driving.

Things got a little better but the last 3 weeks I am now up ALL night with right leg cramping and twitching is now locaized to legs and glutes. It cramps all day as well. I have tried every supplement. My gait has suddenly changed. Can still do heel and toe walk but I am lifting my right leg higher. My neurologist said to go get a 2nd opinion.

I am frustrated. I want to play with my kids, but it is hard. Could I have done my EMG too early since I got into a neurologist pretty quickly after symptoms had started. They did it the end of January on my right arm and leg. I am seeing a 2nd opinion on Monday. I keep telling the neurologist, I would just like help no matter what is wrong. :(

Thanks for your time,
Emily

Please read this post really carefully as it answers much of what you are asking.
None of what you report even remotely resembles ALS.
I hope you get answers soon, but the only way that will happen is if you work with your doctors, and go get that second opinion.

If there is sciatica, it might be that a spine problem is causing the leg problem. Presuming the neurologist sees nothing of concern, I would ask for a referral to physical therapy, which can often help.

I see no reason to think of ALS.

Thank you both for taking the time to reply. 💞

The cramps are now so bad, they are happening every 30 seconds. I am scared. Haven't slept in forever. :(

Please return to your doctor if this is the case.
It has nothing to do with ALS but you should take all concerns to a doctor if they are impacting on your sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back