Loved one DX
Country
US
State
MI
City
Grand Ledge
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to post and let you all know Mom is feeling no more pain and is walking a beach somewhere. I was the one from Michigan trying to get down to Mississippi to say good bye. Well, Mom waited for me. I am truly blessed and thank God for allowing us that last bit of time. Mom was heavily sedated when I got there Friday, with morphine every hour. I didn't leave her side and just kept talking and holding her. I know she knew I was there. We played a bit of a blinking game. I would ask questions and ask her to blink. Even though her eye lids were closed, I could still see her eyes moving in response. I was scheduled to leave Sunday morning at 11:30 and I kept telling her that. I knew she was so close to leaving me and I couldn't possibly imagine leaving her alone to die. Well, she woke me with heavy breathing and kind of a groan at 4:00 am Sunday morning. That was the first sound she'd made in over a week and her eyes were wide open and looking at me. I just asked her if it was time, and she blinked yes. We both stared at each other and I held her tightly trying to soothe her. Her journey was quick and I thank the Lord she did not suffer too much. The pain in the end was bad at times and she was so weak. She never had a feeding tube or breathing machine due to her wishes. She just had a little bit of oxygen. She was the bravest woman I've ever know and she left this world just like she lived her life. Full of grace and goodness. I still can't belive she's gone and I miss her terribly but I am so thankful she is walking with no pain on a beach and she's in a much better place with people she's waited a long time to see. She will always be with me and I am truly blessed. God bless you all for your courage, your insight and for this forum. I learned so very much wich gave me the opportunity to help my mom a little bit. She never went to als clinic or any other doctor after her diagnosed last October. thank you again. You are a wonderful group. Take care...I'll be back to check on you guys from time to time.

Laura

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing, but very glad that you were able to be with her. It must have been a great source of comfort for both of you.

Laura,

I'm so glad you were able to be with your Mom in the end. I know she must have been very happy to see you.

You did a wonderful thing for her and for yourself. I know you will cherish the memories.

So sorry for your loss Laura...

Laura,

I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your mother...Your mom isn't the only one that handled this disease with grace and goodness, I can tell that you followed closely in her footsteps. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. You are in our thoughts and prayers and I pray that God give you the peace, comfort and strength to get thru the many days ahead for you and your family...

Love,
Michelle

You are truly blessed to be able to spend her last moments in this world with her. I was able to do that with my mother as well.....you will never regret it. You will be repaid three fold someday for your incredible compassion..............God has truly blessed you.........So sorry for your loss..............

Laura, My condolences to you and your family for your loss. At least you were able to be right there with your Mom. I wasn't so lucky. My husband passed before I could get back to the hospital and it is haunting me. The nurses said that he wanted it that way, but I am having a hard time accepting that. I stayed all night with him, and only went home to take a shower. But, I know he is in a better place and he suffered enough.
God Bless! Rae in NJ

Thank you

Thank you to all. All the prayers passed along this forum since it's creation is just amazing and I am certain amazing gifts have come from them. Thank you again.

Rae, in response to your post. I am sorry you were not able to be with your husband. He, for some reason, wanted it that way. My Mom always said she didn't want to be remembered in that way. I threatened her that night not to go without me being there. If she could have smacked me or rolled her eyes at me like before, I'm sure she would have. But I got my way one last time. Take care and don't be too hard on yourself.

Laura

Laura- I am so sorry for your loss. The love you and your Mom had for each other just shines through your post! Feel free to vivit and talk about anything that is on your mind, as you greive the loss of yur Mom. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back