Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
WI
City
New Berlin
I lost my mom exactly a month ago to ALS. I am ninteen and she was (using past tense still freaks me out.) 56.

She had been in Mexico living with my aunt and uncle for the past 6 months, and I missed her everyday, but I knew she was so much happier there.
Thanksgiving happened about a week ago, and Christmas is coming up soon, these holidays have certainly lost a little bit of a sparkle for my entire family, but it does reminds us to be thankful for what we still have.
I spoke with her about a week before she passed, and she told me she wasn't at all scared of what was going to happen. She had come to terms with what she knew would happen and it makes this a little bit easier.
I know it will take time to get easier but I can't get over the fact she won't see me graduate, get married, have kids.

She's dancing now though. And sometimes that's enough to get me through for a little bit.

My heart goes out to anyone who is affected by this disease.

Sara
November 2, 2009.

Sara,

I am so sorry that you lost your mother to this horrible disease. Having recently lost my Dad I can relate to the pain and loss you are feeling. It is unfair that you will not have your Mom for those special moments you mentioned but I am hoping that you continue to know in your heart that she is indeed dancing and watching over you as you grow into the beautiful woman she knows you will be.

My deepest sympathy,
Dana

Sara,
I found this poem to be very comforting to my heart when my Mother passed. I hope that it is balm for your heart. I am so sorry.

She whom we love
and lost
is no longer
where she was before.
She is now
wherever we are.
-St. John Chrysostom

sara, i am so sorry for your loss and all you have had to endure. i have two girls, 17 and 14 (and my 6 year old little guy)and know they will have to face this too. i am grateful though that i got the chance to raise them into beautiful young ladies, and i am sure your mom felt the same way. i want you to find joy in life and be thankful the pain of watching your mom suffer is over. it's what i want for my kids. you are in my prayers honey.

Sara, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear mom. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Judi

I am so sorry that you have lost your mom. Please know that she would not want you to be sad on the holidays. Buy or make a special ornament to hang on the tree. This year will be full of firsts and they will be hard, but it will get easier.
The hospice house in Winnipeg, Manitoba has memory trees. You can buy lights in memory of someone you have lost to ALS. Think it was 3 lights for 10 bucks last year. I light up a tree for my brother, he loved Christmas. They have a ceremony where you can go and watch as they light up the tree. Made Christmas a little easier for me. You could do that and still remember your mom in a happy way for Christmas.
Colleen

My condolences for your loss!

Very sorry you lost your mother. May she rest in peace.

she will watch you from above

I am happy your mom got to have some happy time before she passed. She sounds like a wise and loving woman. Take care of yourself and know she is always with you.

So sorry for your loss Sara.

AL.

Hey Sara,

Please accept condolences from my family to yours.

Glen

Sara, I am very sorry about your loss of your mom. I hope that you and you family can have at least a little happiness this Christmas season and that you can celebrate with the good memories of your mom.

Sara, it is a great comfort that your mom knew she was ready for the end. There are so many who are not ready. I hate to think of the many members who are living in fear every day, not being prepared for the afterlife.
Please any of you who would like to discuss your thoughts about facing dying, or your fears, talk with some of the Christians at:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/people-als-pals/4711-christians-here-help-you-talk.html
Christian :: JesusgreetingInt.gif picture by ShakeyMarble - Photobucket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back