Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Lanark
Hi Everyone..
I haven't been around for awhile.. But was always here when MOM was first diagnosed.. Hope I spelled that right..

Anyways why I am writing, is Mom had gotten a little more worse then when I first joined the forums.. She had just about one hand not working too good back in September.. Well now she is down to 3 fingers that work at all.. My Mom is a very proud Lady..and even though I know all of this is bothering her.. She is trying to hide it.. Some days she does pretty good.. other days not to good..

I had a chat with her the other day.. when I was talking to her about the Golf Tournament that I am holding in her honour..and to raise money for ALS.. that her biggest FEAR of this disease is, that she won't be able to SMILE.. As it says at the end of all my EMAILS.. SHE won't be ABLE to SMILE.. Thats her biggest fear.. A thing as simple as SMILING..

We are working on a different way of smiling.. As soon as we come up with it.. I will share it with you..
Thanx for listening..
Mike

Hi Mike,
Like your Mom, I have a fear also. It is that I won't be able to hug. I am a hugger and it means a lot to me. But, I am sure I will be able to work it out. I find that the things you fear most never happen, and that things happen gradually so that you get used to them before something else goes.
I can still smile, even though it is a little crooked:)
Your mother is blessed to have you for a son, you are so concerned for her. Thank you for being there for her, and for sharing your thoughts with us. If you find a different way of smiling, pass it on to us.
Greetings to your mother!
Hugs and prayers,
Leah

Hi Granny...
Thanx for the warm reply..
Not being smart, but the very first thought that came to my head was you can SMILE for Mom..and she can HUG for you.. If life was only that simple eh? That reply was like the VISA commercials.. You know like where the family is digging from their back yards, and end up in china.. And then at the end of the commercial it says If Life Was that EASY.. I try every day to find away for my mother to make her life easier. (hope I made sense in this reply) I hope you are having a GREAT day..
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back