01/2005
Country
US
State
OK
City
Tahlequah
MODERATOR David,

Why would you delete a post concerning a new Veterans benefit that will pay family members and private caregivers of PALS for bowel and bladder care. I dont know if you are veteran or if you have ALS. Although this benefit might not affect you, it certainly affects the most severely disabled veterans here and their incomes.

You site some nonsense about my post being copy and paste and copyrighted. It was C+P directly from an email sent to me by the paralyzed veterans of America. In case you forgot this is a forum for disabled people. I have late stage ALS. and I have to type with an Eyemax and I will copy and paste every chance I get.

I lurk here that I might be able to help someone else. If my "cut and paste" efforts are going to be deleted without regard to content or intent then perhaps its time for me to move on.

I had also posted on a "Veteran FAQ" that I had C & P directly from the site and mine was also deleted with no personal explanation other than it was a copyright infringement? You are not alone in your experience boblandstar1. How about an answer Moderator David? I think that it would be appropriate if you delete a topic post to email the person who posted the topic and give them an explanation-right?
Thank you. :]

The point is that the information be passed along. Not how. Im dying and have no time for little ducks farting underwater .

Sorry guys but I don't know about copyright law down there (US) but up here if you reprint someone's copyrighted material without their express permission on a site such as this we can be sued. We don't have insurance for that so we have to be careful what is posted here. The 3 moderators here have ALS. David does not and he is not a vet. He pays the bills to run this site from his own pocket. He is a web page designer and did the original set up for ALS Canada. When they were going to close it he asked me to help him keep it alive. He means no malice to you or any member of this forum. We have to cover our butts. A link to the material is usually acceptable. I hope you can do that for us and the vets that need that information.

AL.

Al,
Thank you for replying and giving the information. I don't know about copyright laws but I do know that the information that I copied and pasted was from a public information site. I do understand your fear of a lawsuit. Here's my thought for me personally, what little I had is getting eaten up by the expenses of ALS and they can't get blood from a turnip! lol Thank you David for giving us this fabulous tool!

The point is that the information be passed along. Not how. Im dying and have no time for little ducks farting underwater .

Bob,

You should really take some time out for these ducks.

:lol:

Attachments

• df1.jpeg
    df1.jpeg
    1.7 KB · Views: 554
  • df2.jpeg
    df2.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 551
  • df3.jpeg
    df3.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 560
I heard they could get the turnip though. :lol:

I appreciate all who have a part in keeping this site going... those who moderate and finance and protect.... and those that participate. We are family.

Thank you for understanding Marjorie.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back