Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
FL
City
Orlando
I have been told by my neuro that I have MND, probably on its way to ALS. I have been told by a consulting neuro I don't have an MND, just a peripheral neuropathy with some other symptoms explained by an overlying radiculoipathy. He said the PN is idiopathjic and there's no point in trying to find its cause. A consulting neurosurgeon says there is no radiculopathy and agrees it looks like LMN. I have had three NCS/EMGs and they range from dirty to very dirty--active on chronic denervation with problems in muscles innervated by the nerves from C8, T1, T6, T8, L4, L5, S1 and S2.
No ability to walk on heels or toes, visible atrophy in left calf and left hand (thenar muscles), progressing weakness (ability to stand) in right quad.
But, with all that, there are no UMN signs. Primary neuro says maybe I'll get lucky and it won't develop into full blown ALS. But he expects it will.
I know this is an ALS forum, but are there any folks out there who have MND with no UMN signs, just PMA. Any folks with PMA that later developed UMN signs and diagnosis was changed to ALS?
All thoughts and comments will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back