Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
One of my least favorite tasks is sorting pills, so I do them in advance in nifty sorters that have four boxes for each day of the week, and each day's pops out to be easily carried throughout the day. One set of boxes for me, and one, all blue, for Matt.

Getting ready to take him out for breakfast I guess I got in a hurry and took the wrong pills. His.

So, what will Metformin, Riluzole, Lisinopril, and Clonazepam do to me if I'm not used to them?

Damn Damn Damn Damn.

I just put food in my stomach.

And here I am feeling rested and relaxed.

What a dope. Literally.

Now you know why I call myself Nuts.

Metformin can lower your blood sugar so good thing you ate . Lisonpril I think lowers blood pressure, so a bit of extra water to drink won't astray
Clonazapam can make you drowsy .
Hopefully someone smarter will reply more in depth

Yes Kitty is right. Don't drive today. Get up slowly. If you get woozy sugar followed by something like a peanut butter sandwich. Eat more in general today metformin peaks in under 3 hours if you are not diabetic.
How many mg for everything ( riluzole is 50, but the others?)

I think you will be fine just take it easy today

call someone to check in on you just in case...

Yup, hydrate and nibble constantly but don't eat heavy at one time. You may be dizzy, weak, tired, have a headache -- don't exercise, move suddenly or drive -- most likely several hours after. If you have a home BP monitor, you might check your BP periodically.

Hope all is OK, Becky. Now that the knowledgeable people have given advice I will add this smart A$$ comment: Riluzole Has been reported to add 2 to 3 months to your life!

Serious note: are your pill holders different colors so you are less likely to mix them up.

OK tell us all how you are Becky - what a royal mix up!

It shows how stressed you are though ...

Hi all. I just work up from a long Summer's nap... Wow. Thanks for all the good advice. I think I was out before I was able to read it.

Azgirl, the Riluzole gave me 3 months and the nap another 3---I'm up six months over this one :)

I think I barely got Matt into bed before passing out. the darn mumps keep flaring back up. Poor guy has chipmunk cheeks again today and ear aches. Because he took his hearing aids out but wanted TV, I went to another bedroom and still heard his TV. We did call the one daughter who was going to drive out (over 2 hours each way) for the day and suggested she not bother.

About that TV...I found something online yesterday that will transmit the tv Audio to his hearing aids. If this one works out, I'll get a second for the living room. Apparently mumps can damage hearing, and something from almost nothing has the rest of us wincing in pain from the noise! Even more exciting, I found a remote microphone to use wth his hearing aids. I can be far, far away from him and talk right into those hearing aids (cue the maniacle laughter).

Yes, the pill boxes are different colors. You just have to LOOK. Grrrrr.

Becky
Queen of Mixing Meds

Becky so sorry for your mix up today, but I totally get it. Sounds like you are no worse for the ware and maybe even more rested, always a good thing for us CALS. :)

Oh, meant to say, my neice has cochlear implants and has that FM system so teachers or her parents can speak directly to her from another room and it works great!

So glad you did realise and didn't get in the car and take off somewhere!

6 months extra life was an unexpected bonus, but please don't get greedy and try to gain a few years! :lol:

(Let's see if I can convey this slightly dark humor..)

I would have been a lot more worried had this thread been under "Past caregivers".

;^}

Greg, soooo true! Actually, I confess to taking Matt to breakfast. Should never have gone, but we made it back. I did a lot of drifting--not safe at all. So, it could have been past caregivers very easily. I'm embarrassed to admit this. I think impaired judgement is an epidemic around here.

Oh my Becky, that is positively SCARY!!!!

Greg's comment is spot on now :shock:

Becky, I am so glad you are ok. A little extra sleep may not be a bad thing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back