Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
GA
City
Douglasville
My father was diagnosed with ALS in 2005, we have been coping as best as we can. Fortunately, there is an ALS clinic nearby in Atlanta, but my father told me a couple of months ago that the clinic was in financial trouble, and it may have to close down if it can't find more funding.

Knowing this, I had to do something. I started MisaoForaCause.com to do just that. We sell t-shirts that created awareness of ALS, and use the profits to benefit the ALS clinic. They use the money in turn to hire nurses, give money to patients who can't afford air-flow mattresses, etc. So far we have raised almost $1000 for the clinic, and we have only been open for about 2 weeks. We could really use the help, and so could the ALS clinic. Please visit the site, and buy a t-shirt. All those whose lives have been affected by ALS will thank you.

God Bless,
Michael
www.MisaoForaCause.com

Last edited by a moderator:

rolark

Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
03/2006
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Sharon
Great initiative!

Love the shirt - and love helping in anyway possible. I just ordered one of your shirts - very easy online system. Fundraisers like this can bring in tremendous results. Our HOPE bracelets have brought in over $60,000 of donations to be used for ALS research at our clinic. We are really close to selling 3000 bracelets - that is one for every Canadian with ALS. I was worried we wouldn't be able to sell 200!

Best of luck with your shirts! Great idea and design!

Tim
www.CureALS.ca

sisal06

Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
NH
City
Dover
I too have a shirt - very nice and very different! Thank you and good luck to you and your dad!

CindyM

Moderator emeritus
Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New England
City
Anytown
Hello Michael, what a great thing you are doing! I hope your site gets a lot of "hits" and sales! I'm going to visit ASAP so there will be one more sales in your coffer! Regards, Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.