Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
DC
City
Washington
It's my mom's birthday early next month. With the pace of her progression, it may be her last birthday. I recently moved her to DC where there are GREAT restaurants nowadays, including one that was named the best restaurant in the US by Bon Appetit in 2014.

They don't take reservations. You have to go wait in a line at about 4:30 until they open at 5, then put your name down on the list, leave, and come back later for your table. It's pretty ridiculous.

I wrote to them explaining our situation briefly, begging them to make an exception.

NO EXCEPTIONS they told me. Maybe I could come early and wait in line and leave her in the car to wait. HOPEFULLY they'd be able to get us in early, given that my mom gets tired early.

Oh, but so sorry to hear of your situation.

I am tempted to file a complaint, or write a letter to the editor, or SOMETHING. What is wrong with people? This type of little thing makes me so much more frustrated than it should. Maybe something is wrong with ME.:-x

A publicity stunt that would have had us all giggling once becomes a hurdle we can't get over now. ALS seems to seep through and change everything in life!

A nice letter to the owner might get a reservation.

Honestly I wouldn't waste my time with them, why would you what to give snotty aholes with no empathy any of your money . I would however write to the editor of the paper or something...take a bit of business away from them but I'm just a tad bit spiteful sometimes

I would write a public letter. I'm so very sorry.

Might want to call a tv station on the night you bring her....I bet they would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back