Status
Not open for further replies.

wewillbeatthis

Distinguished member
:shock:
Ok so dad was doing really well for about 5 days not a stutter or slow speech really in site. Ok well perhaps a few times. Compared to the weeks before when it was often....

Why :D 8) :lol: :?: He was feeling HAPPY! CALM! In Control, Work was going well things were just good....

Then :evil: :twisted: :x :( :cry: :roll: :?: He had a bad day, a job was asked of him from a friend/business person and he just does not have the time to do this right now, he is having a day of worrying about money, he is trying to get to much done at once... So we spoke for about 1/2 hour and he was not speaking smooth not bad but not smooth, you heard him tired, sad, and just not good....

:idea: Conclusion it is true mind over matter is not a joke... I think I am going to start to think of things for dad to do to fill his day with fun so that he does not have time to let things to get him down... I will share these things with everyone on this board cause I think it is a natural way to beat this ALS until the real geniusis come up with a way to stop progression...

:wink: :D :) 8) Wewillbeattis AKA Jen

Hi Jen. It is a proven fact that attitude does make a difference. Being around happy people makes you a happy person as well. Dwelling on the negatives doesn't do any good. Laughter is contagious and the if you are jovial I am sure it will wear off on your dad. Have a great day.
Al.

Hey jEN,

I do believe that the mind is such a powerful thing to combat all aspects of adversities in life. Mind over matter is a proven fact. Stress can however throw all of those powers out the window. Henry had such a strong mind and will. He lived a lot longer than was expected due to the fact that he would not give in. Keeping a positive attitude can be exhausting with als, given the fact that there is nothing that can be done in the clinical world to help. Calm is good. Humour is good. Love is good. Living with als can be good too. Its all about how you look at it. We chose to live with it and not let it be the end all to be all. You take each and every modification and deal with it the best you can. Do what you can to make each and every day as stress free as you possibly can. I know that is easier said than done some days, but remember we do have the power to live a good life no matter what we are faced with. I think that if you can work as long as you can, and do whatever hobbies you do for as long as you can will fill you with some sort of satisfaction. Living through it all, I saw that a productive life can be had. There are a lot of changes that happen along the way, but you just have to roll with the punches and adapt to them the best you can. Hope that your dad will continue to do well for a long time and that you will have many happey fullfilling days. I am sure that you will. All of you. Take care and say hi to him for me.

Love, Carol Stay Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back