09/2017
Country
SP
State
NY
City
Lugo
Hello,

Some of you might remember my father´s case: early diagnosis of Parkinsons revoked, he was on the ALS / PLS limbo for a long time.

Afer a second opinion now confirmed by our primary neurologist, it appears my father has a very strange variant of Motor Neuron Disease called Mills Syndrome, which mostly resembles PLS but with spastic hemiparesis.

I have been looking for case reports online but there is almost no information about this variant. I was curious if someone else on this site was diagnosed with Mills Syndrome or had informsation about this.

Best,

Emanol

There are some if you use the search function on this forum for “Mills syndrome”.
I don’t know if there are any other current members.
It is a MND/ PLS variant, so you’re welcome to keep hanging out here

I think there was one person on this forum who had been diagnosed with Mills syndrome in the last 5 years, but her diagnosis was eventually changed to something else that was not MND related at all. As Karen says, a search will bring up whatever has been posted in the past.

Fiona is correct. Green Queen from Australia was rediagnosed. However there was also a woman from Florida though she posted very little who held that diagnosis

There are case reports and this is a succinct description.

Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back