00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Gilbert
Hi all!
A couple of weeks ago my right shoulder started twitching, this was with a tight shoulder after a workout. Eventually, it started to calm down, saw my chiropractor and it went away for a few days. Now the twitching is back, long with very minor minor minor twitching in my calf’s and few other random spots. Now I am in full mode freak out that it’s ALS. I am 30 years old and pretty healthy. My grandma had ALS and passed in her late 80’s, shortly after diagnosed. My dad is perfectly healthy.

But I can’t stop thinking about it, which may be triggering it. Is that possible? I don’t feel stressed but this is stressing me out. Apart of me thinks it could just be stress:
-I am finishing up my final rotation of grad school and the first month I was at a PEDS clinic that wasn’t following any safety precautions and I was stick to my stomach everyday, but then I was able to switch in July and that got better.
-my wife is 36 weeks pregnant so maybe I am stressed about that? I don’t feel stressed. I can’t wait, but maybe I am just anxious about it?
- then there’s dealing with covid and just trying to stay healthy.
-also having jaw surgery in December.

So I feel like maybe I am just anxious and stressed and my body is responding even though I don’t feel stressed? I know my body is always tense and just tight.

Anyone have history or have dealt with twitches? This is the first I have had it like this. It’s not all day and not constant. It comes and goes and it last a minute or two.

Thanks!

you have a lot going on so even though some is good stress you have multiple stressors. Stress does tend to make twitching worse but perfectly happy low stress people twitch too. Twitching alone means nothing. What matters in ALS is muscle failure / clinical weakness which you do not report

I am sorry about your grandmother but a case of ALS in an 80 yo really has no impact on you on 30. The incidence of sporadic ALS rises with age. It is extremely rare for FALS to happen at 80. most FALS families are like mine with multiple relatives and multiple generations over the years

enjoy your baby!

Thank you! I just find myself constantly looking out for the twitching or wondering if my legs are weak or arms feel weaker. But it’s all in my head, I believe. Haven’t been tripping or falling or dropping things. Due to Covid, haven’t been lifting as much so may have just lost some muscle. Was never a big guy from the start when it came to muscles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back