06/2012
Country
NL
State
zh
City
The Hague
Hi dear proplr,

4 Many months i was in process of being diagnosed with ALS, thank God it wasn't that... But now i have questions, as during the investigations signs of MMN were there, but no conj block and blood work okay, does this exclude MMN? Docters suspected it and now they don't anymore so confusion here. And I'd be happy to believe them :D but just to be sure i ask this! And if it doesn't exclude MMN any suggestion is welcome to give a hint to my docter!

4 who doesn't know me i started with foot drop and weak muscles in lower right leg, then same in left arm and hand and now left leg is getting weak! Can't stretch fingers in left hand.

Tnx 4 reading!

Anja

i meant dear people and not dear proplr :D hehehehe.....

Hi,

I have MMN, But was first diagnosed with ALS. After a couple of times they found 1 partial conduction block. I also do not have the blood alegens (sp?) My second opinion neurologist said, "Atypical ALS or "MMN." She decided to give me IVIG. If I responded I had MMN, if not then "Atypical ALS." I responded and have been on IVIG since 2006. Trying IVIG is something that has been done many times for people to see if its MMN. IVIG is very expensive but decisive in that ALS does not respond to it. However, some people who have MMN do not respond to it either. Hope this helps. Peg

Last edited:
Thank you Peg! My EMG tests are weird, one time all is good, next time they find conduction blocks and when MRI is done nothing is found... eekssss.... I always follow my intuition and this points to MMN, trying IVIG is not standard in the Netherlands because of being expensive... but i do recognise the symptoms of MMN, i'll talk with my neuro again!

Anja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back