Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
...eva feldman says. why? 'cause someone must be first and last, or...?
it is significantly.

One of the highest is what she said. She theorized it might be related to pesticide exposure

no, highest of all states
1:32 in

Interesting that isn’t what was written. I wonder how they are collecting statistics. ALS is not reportable in the US. The registry is voluntary

The DIHALS need to watch the first 30 seconds of this. Like she said, no one thinks ALS when they get some cramps or tight muscles...unless you have health anxiety! In which case you almost certainly (99.999999%) don't have ALS!

There is also the theory that ALS is related to the presence of cyanobacteria in the lakes, the blooms being caused by pesticides and nutrients from runoff and septic systems, etc.

it is epigenetic+external trigger. nothing helps what comes through mouth.

I rarely post anymore but this is a topic really without definite answers but by now
should be able to find a accredited link.

Then there is the unexplained numbers of Veterans from the Vietnam War, the Gulf
War, the Iraq War and Afghan War being diagnosed with ALS as compared to the
population who didn't serve in combat zones.

There is a link to exposure/cause but my opinion.... to present an accredited link
would explode into law suits, turn the medical industrial complex into chaos....

i think that als is given as a predisposition to more than 2:100000, but many of them are lucky 'cause they dont find a trigger.

There is a theory that in the genetically susceptible it is a 5 step process. Exactly what those triggers are no one knows.

people who are FALS are believed to need fewer steps - essentially being born at step 2 or 3. Because some FALS forms are almost 100 percent penetrant it is believed a couple of steps must be things that we almost all experience but the other factors are probably more rare so yes some ( maybe even most) people with a mild susceptibility don’t get ALS which is why children of SALS are usually fine

i attended a lecture where this was presented. I can’t possibly begin to explain how they deduced this. The number of steps was determined through logarithmic analysis

The area in which I grew up (Champlain Valley in upstate NY) is a cluster area. I come from a small village right on Lake Champlain and we've even had a husband and wife both die from ALS. Lots of the "kids" I went to school with now have it. One of the theories is the pollution in the lake and red algae. We really don't know but another classmate was diagnosed this year.

@KimT/b you wan to say that one couple, both had als?
i heard that 2 friends in sarajevo, worked on tv, same room, had als, and it was shocking, but this (if i understood) is insane.

Interesting that isn’t what was written. I wonder how they are collecting statistics. ALS is not reportable in the US. The registry is voluntary
are hospitals in usa connected in kind of HIS (hospital information system)? kind of ERP, let's say. dont say they are not, please. i dont want to believe that.

are hospitals in usa connected in kind of HIS (hospital information system)? kind of ERP, let's say. dont say they are not, please. i dont want to believe that.
I don’t think so. For one thing, patient records are protected by privacy laws. Hospitals can share records if they facilitate the care of a specific patient. But there is no central computer system linking all medical records.

Jethro,

Yes. My childhood's parents BOTH died from ALS. He died first and she was diagnosed two years later and died within five years.

At my college, there were about 300 full-time faculty. Three of us worked in the same building and all ended up with ALS. That building was sick because several more died young of cancer and two others beat cancer in their 40s. One other guy had lots of weird symptoms, was diagnosed with Lyme disease, then the diagnoses was reversed. He's doing better now that he retired but nobody at Mayo could diagnose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back