Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Carol. I was glad to see that Home Depot supports ALS. Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum points can also be donated on line to ALS. When you get a $20,000.00 wheel chair you get A WHOLE LOT of points.
Asking for help is always difficult it seems much easier to give that it does to recieve.
In canvassing last year for the walk a thon I found people very willing to donate.
While I don't wish to minimize cancer or many other awful diseases, they do have a fighting chance. Pals do not.
I will ask as many people as I can and hope for the best support I can get.
I live in the Niagara region and there are 18 Pals in this area.
Educating the public, getting corporations on side, and prayer will eventually stop this horrible disease in its track.
I like the idea of a global prayer day and hope it can be arranged.
Keep working and we'll beat it!
Jane

Dear Carol,
I am doing well, thank you for asking. You are so kind and I appreciate your staying with us even after you lost your beloved Henry. I have a few things that keep me going: Faith, family, friends and all my friends on the ALS forum. I find this place a refuge when I need to hear from someone who really understands what I am feeling. I am thankful every day that I found this place.
As I said, I am doing ok. Our daughter was married this summer, we spent a glorious week at the beach with our grandchildren and I got to go to a John McDermott concert! What more could I ask for. My legs and arms still work fine, so I can still a lot of things. I miss most the social aspect of eating. I don't know about Upper Canada, but here in the Maritimes, every event revolves around eating. I do not eat in public for several reasons, so it is hard to go to social occasions. I do not miss eating the food, I just miss the social act of eating. Not explained very well, but hope you know what I mean. I miss this ability even more than not being able to talk. BUT, I am very thankful for what I can do, for strength and for all the things I mentioned in the beginning. I am staying positive!
Thanks again, Carol for being such help to us.
Blessings to you and your family.

I completely understand what you are saying about eating Granny. My family is one that enjoys eating, but enjoys the social aspect of it more. That is why I am dreading my dad getting a feeding tube sometime in the future. (if need be) My whole side of my dad's family usually gets together twice a month for dinner, and I don't know how that would effect my dad if he was not able to eat with us. Would he not go? I think about little things like that and worry a bit. That is why I am thankful he can still eat pretty well now, and I enjoy the times we have as a family. My dad still is not drinking very much water because he is scared he will choke. I worry about him not getting enough fluids in his system. He has not tried the thickening stuff yet, but I might push the idea with him a little more. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the last few sunny days we have left before the rain comes.
Keeping you all in my prayers,
Dana

Hi Jane,

The global prayer day will happen. It might not reach all areas of the globe this year but definitely North America and whomever I can reach before next May/June. I can't express how strongly I feel this must be done - it's almost as if God himself gave me the idea. Come to think of it, He did! My website is almost ready to be published, I'm paying for the organization of the event myself - a small price to pay for something that can have huge benefits. I'll let you all know when - by this Monday for sure. I am so hyped about this really, and really so excited that everyone agrees with the premise. He will answer those who ask. Sometimes we don't like the answer but I do know that He's been with my family from the beginning and sustains us through all the good and bad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back