Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
West Orange
Anyone with a MIC-KEY find the valve gets clogged? I'll do a feeding and have to plunge the first bit, then it flows normally. After, I rinse everything out with hot water. Next time I feed, same situation. Is there some additional bit of care I need for the valve?

I have the MIC-KEY button and used it for 18 months now. I never had the problem that you describe, but I have had to replace it on average, every six months. One time Because the one way valve leaked.
How long has yours been in?

Bruce

Sometimes my PALS's is hard to plunge and it usually is due to a kink somewhere along the tube. I find I have to move the clamp that closes the tube regularly either up or down the tube a little and gently squeeze to open where the clamp has been. That seems to help. The rest of the time it seems to be due to not having the tube locked in and turned all the way. We've had my husband's Mic-Key changed out every 6 months also. Hope something here helps or someone else has a solution for you.

I've had mine since late April and it's my first. It wasn't having trouble for the longest time but it now seems to require a plunge every time to get it started. Maybe I'm not turning the tube all the way, I'll check that tomorrow morning when I next feed. I've checked the tube itself and there are some kinks but it doesn't prevent fluid from flowing.

Nope. Turning it all the way didn't help. I may just need to go back and see my GI guy. What a pain.

let us know what he says please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back