Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Wi
City
marshfield
Marshfield High School students and staff are teaming up to fight ALS.

Starting at 5:00pm on Wednesday April 2nd at the Marshfield Senior High Field House there will be many activities to enjoy with friends and family including: the iron man obstacle course, rock ‘em sock ‘ems, bungee running, karaoke and guitar hero contests, and much more! After all the fun and games enjoy a student .vs. faculty basketball game! Do all this and help a great cause for only $5.00. Admission to just the game is $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for students with I.D.

Mrs. Peg Hartwig ( SWMN) & Mr Rich Kopitzke, Teachers at MHS, have volunteered to shave their hair if we can raise $800 by 3:30 PM on Wednesday, April 2. They will be the half-time entertainment as the shaving will take place at center court.

*** hair grows back -- nerves don't ---- yet!:mrgreen:

Please make checks payable to ALS Association for tax purposes. Let's get in the spirit and see if we can add a couple of our colleagues to those of us with perfect heads. (you know those without hair)

We need donations: mail to

Marshfield High School
1401 E becker Rd
Marshfield WI 54449

Let’s work together to find a cure! See you Wednesday April 2nd at 5:00 at the Marshfield High School. We had a great time last year and raised over $8,000 to benefit the ALS Association on behalf of Mr. John Blankush. WDLB is once again broadcasting the game live and will donate a major portion of the advertising revenue to the cause. Let's see if we can make this even bigger and better than last year.

I will put a donation in the mail tonight. Great idea... Hoping

Good for them. :-D

Update!

As of tuesday PM, we are $120 short of our goal. I cant sleep tonight because I am running anxious - it's not every day that a woman shaves her head in front of 1000 + people... these donations were made seperate from ticket sales and such. Our community is pullling together to help fight the battle for all of you PALS and CALS.

Rich & I will be having our heads shaven at half time to "Supertramp"'s hit "Give A Little Bit" and the other great hit "Lean On me" I'd like to also thank Del and Gina from the forum for letting me share their stories to help convey theneed for ALSA.

My Hair will grow back - and that is a good thing - because it will cost more to have it shaven next year!
God Bless All of you!

game on!

My students are walking into class today with fists full of money - I am so touched and blown away - I am so glad that Del and Gina allowed me to tell their stories to help bring a personal touch to this = so our goal has been met and surpassed!
I am so thankful that there are good souls out there who have reacted to the message!

big bucks

my students in my 5 classes raised $761 to go toward my hair cut - the total contributions were $2,300 for solely the hair cutting ..
We are hoping total community contributions will be $10,000 after all consessions and ticket sales etc..... we are still counting!

All money raised will go to ALSA! my hair will grow back - and next year is already set to be an even bigger deal as another woman has voluteered to shave her head with me!

I'll let you know the final count when we have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back