Methylcobalamin - research promising in slowing progression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the dosage of the Japaneese mecobalamin study?

i believe it was real high ,

I had a doc who is willing to give me a script but he said the Japanese study is using mecobalamin not methylcobalamin and they might different. Does anyone know if they are the same and if not what are the differences?

I took your advice about the supplements. But the guy at the store had no idea what Methyl B-12 is so he just gave me B-12 vitamins ? same thing or should I take them back?

It seems that methylcobalamin, mecobalamin and cyanocobalamin are all "B12". Methycobalamin = mecobalamin but Methycobalamin/mecobalamin are NOT cyanocobalamin and cyanocobalamin is usually the B12 vitamin you buy at the drug store. Taking any of these orally seems to be ineffective, the substance never makes it to the bloodstream. I have not been able to determine if taking methycobalamin sublingually (i.e. under the tongue) is effective. So far from what I can tell it doesn't look like it. The only effective way to take methylcobalamin is via an intramuscular shot. But don't quote me on this, there are many conflicting statements on this. One thing that is for sure is that the Japanese study is mecobalamin via intramuscular shots. So that is what I will try as soon as I can get my hands on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back