Status
Not open for further replies.
Toto....I feel like you do...but agree with our friends here...your honesty and humor shines from your soul. It's hard to look in mirror at our selves. I pray my light will shine while on this trek. Love....Becky

You, my dear heart, are beautiful, inside and out. We love here unconditionally . You are here and that's what is important.

Everyone has said it all already. I agree with it all. I just want to add something that I feel is important.
We all love you and we have only had a glimpse of who you are over the Internet. Your sister knows you intimately. You have been raised together, played together, laughed together. I doubt that she saw a ugly misshapen sister, when she put the photos on facebook. Like us, she would have seen you as she has always loved you, and it would never have occurred to her that you would be offended. She sees beyond your illness. It's not easy, for people not living with the changes caused by illness and disfigurement, to truely understand what their loved one is experiencing. She just saw her sister, her niece, an upcoming wedding and wanted to share it with her friends.

Love you toto.

Sorry toto, being moderated yet again.

Toto,
You are beautiful! The shell vanishes but your spirit will live forever! I am thrilled to have been able to meet you and all the other courageous PALS on this site!

Love you,
Jen

You are strong and beautiful, mind, heart and body. Don't let anything or anybody take that away from you. Yasmin.

ToTo,
You are beautiful in the eyes of God.
You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. (1 Peter 3:4 NLT)
You are beautiful to all of us. This describes you sweet one. God sees beyond our appearance and He sees our heart.
As someone who has found herself to be very vain through this process I understand your heartache. Hold on tight to the heart of God. He gives peace that passes all understanding.
Love to you,
Linda

This morning I went looking for "the d@rn ugly caterpillar" you described. Try as I might I couldn't find her. I did find the most "beautiful blue morpho butterfly" I have ever seen or hope to see in this world. You know the one I mean, the one who is going to sort those people around her out once and for all and who will find a way to be with her fellow flies.

Timing is everything!
I was just looking for past threads that dealt with womens beauty needs and how to maintain in the wonderful world os ALS. My body has also gone south but what I was wondering is how we are to do our makeup and hair and of course waxing and manicure and pedicure and on and on. I feel better when I look better and even though I sometimes dont give a rats Im not ready to give up entirely. Any tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I hate it when people post pic's on Fb without asking the other person. I mean... It is just good manners to not post pic's of others unless they approve it.

but I know what you mean. I have lost some muscle mass and my hands cramp sometimes. I even posted a pic of me and my daughter and then looked at it later and my one hand looked like I was flipping someone off and the other looked like I was digging at my leg or butt or something. and my face has lost some muscle control, so I looked strange. ahhhh. I do not think that I look that bad in the mirror, but all my recent pic's look crappy.
So I am going to try and fancy up for any future pic's and review them better ;)

Now I understand why you were not feeling too great. I don't blame Ya. Dealing with others sometimes is just so crazy.
I am so happy to see that you posted because I was missing you and wishing you peace.

Toto I would like to dedicate Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful" to you. That is the song I think of when I think of you and Di, and Helen, and Annie, and Joni, and Aly, and Sally and Becky, and Becca, and CJ, and Marta, and Katie, and Linda, and Sue and Susan and Liz and all of the wonderful women on this forum. No matter what we look like on the outside, we are all beautiful inside.
From your flabby droopy aging friend,
Laurel

Yo Toto it is neighbor from Kansas CIty - down the road from Emerald City I recently watched the Wizard of Oz and find abilities and so similarities with the main characters.

The Scarecrow wanted a brain
The Tin Man wanted a heart
The Cowardly Lion wanted Courage and
Dorothy she wanted to go home.

And you feel you horrible to look at

Well you have a brains (can tell from your posts
You have a heart(compassion) we can tell from love warmth and support you consistantly giving to others
You have courage to continue to live and share all this along with all of us fellow memebers or groupies . My sister wants to be groupie

So perk yourself up No no more complaining!

start a new fashion statement and look there are enough of us out here who you provide a newspiration (not Inspiration) too. If we have to deal with our gifts from God, lets show him that inspite of all, we take his (nonreturnable) gift and make it better and beautiful for us and those around us.

I vented a couple of weeks ago, and I got all kinds of notes, love and caring from all of you .

I'll invite you to my birthday party, so far the menu is maragritas Marta'a bringing enchanced brownies so just sign up with what dish you will bring and plan to attend on the 24th In fact everyone is invited. Its my first birthday here and I figure I should celebrate with my new best friends thanks Nell

toto

those who are true friends and loving family still love us; as is; warts and all. love bb

Aww Laurel song sounds so good..Love ya!

Nell,

Thanks for the invite to your birthday party. I will bring lots of Mango Margarita's for us all to share, of course chips and dip.

Regarding trying to apply makeup, I had someone get me of the new makeup powder...Bare Minerals. It is easier to apply than liquid makeup as hands not working too well. I had to give up mascara and that was really hard to do, almost poked my eye out.
Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back