Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, funny question....why in the H do we need training bras for? Yes, yes I had them when I was young. But what are we training them to do, exactly? We already know they eventually stop growing. And we all know they're perky when fresh. We all know its the lazy womans way of feeding a child (no boo's,I nursed 6 babies [the reference was no washing bottles, making form ula, heating et cetera )] Did l miss something along the way (other than the fact I was holding a thimble instead of a bucket when GOD created me)? Anybody?

And I'm going to throw out a cute request: My oldest son has an I Q over 141. When he was 3 he asked me why boys/men have chest marks. I really couldn't answer him other than don't you think you would look funny without them? He walked away, head hanging down, muttering, "She just doesn't get it." Now later I gave him the Christian reason. GOD made Eve from Adam. He still wasn't happy with that one either. He's 32 now, think I should ask him?

toto the training was not for the boobies but to teach girls that they have to wear the tortous device forever and it works so well i will go without undies but never without a bra!
Ask him I'd love to hear the annswer.....but proably an early protype and then god realized that men wouldnt b any good at caring for an infant and just left them there for a reminder for himself.

And of course it was de signed by a man. I will have to ask him next time he calls. I still like mine of looking funny without them.

Boy do I wish Allen were here. My 800 post was talking about boobs. The Tea Ladies will understand. I sure do miss him.

I thought exactly the same thing Toto! And.....I sure do miss him.

Allen, Barry, Richard, Al, Ann, Diane, Felica, et al, have all made their mark on our lives and live on through their words here. If we miss them this much, I just think about how much their loved ones miss them.

youu are so right helen, kiwi, and toto! Allen would have had something to say about ur post!

I've just come in on this conversation.......my mind BOGGLES at what Allen would be saying right now! Really miss him. I never met him or spoke to him in person but for some reason I felt as if I knew him. He taught me so much about this disease, more than I learned from the consultants because he "spoke" in a down to earth, matter of fact way. Hugs to all of you.

my husband too, wishes he could sleep in hospital bed, but extremely difficult to transfer him into bed, no trunk control, if he finally gets in and comfortable, has to get out so that he can urinate. He has very little trunk muscles, can't sit up and stay up alone. I have to transfer him in on sliding board, manipulated the controls, hold him up, swing his legs up and in, put pillows on the side of his legs because there are no mucles to keep them together (frog legs)...he has been sleeping in a lift chair for about 1 year.

Training bras have become a right of passage and a bragging right for those who have newly acquired them. They are also a means of reaching and extracting money from another age group by those who manufacture the mature women models.

I just thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents worth...

my husband too, wishes he could sleep in hospital bed, but extremely difficult to transfer him into bed, no trunk control, if he finally gets in and comfortable, has to get out so that he can urinate. He has very little trunk muscles, can't sit up and stay up alone. I have to transfer him in on sliding board, manipulated the controls, hold him up, swing his legs up and in, put pillows on the side of his legs because there are no mucles to keep them together (frog legs)...he has been sleeping in a lift chair for about 1 year.

Do you not have a Hoyler lift it makes it so much easier and Medicare pays for it.
We learned to use one of those adjustable straps something like on a shoulder bag to keep my legs together

I'm having a problem with early "frog legs" too. I'm having hip guides placed on my pwc this week. I usually use a rolled towel at my r hip and thigh when sitting in the pwc or recliner. PT can show you some exercises too. Positioning is everything! I sometimes use a gait belt to strap my legs together at the knees while in the pwc...so much more comfortable.

Has anyone heard from TOTO?

No, not for over a week now, sure wish someone would.

Toto,

I know that hearing this from someone who doesn't have ALS, it might not mean much but I love reading your post. My dad had Bulbar ALS. He turn 75 in March 2012, feeding tube May 2012, diagnosed June 6, 2012, died June 21, 2012. I saw him the week he died. I hadn't seen him in a a year. He weighed 100 lbs. Feeding tube, oxygen, bi-pap machine, no voice. Skin irritated from the mask. It was very hard to see. But I saw right passed it. I saw the beautiful person that he was. Sometimes I would forget how sick he really was.

I don't know what you look like, but I see you as a beautiful person. You cheer people up. As much as ALS has taken from you it has given you the power to have an impact on others on this site. I'm sorry you have this dreaded disease. But I'm glad I got to meet you on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back