Status
Not open for further replies.
toto, wat a state your in...was it alright for me to chuckle at yr self put downs....cause it was alright cos u got sense of humour to spare....and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....and yr a 5 foot 6 inch brenda lee....a pocket dynamo....loves johnny,,,,,,,,,,

Nell,
I'll bring a baked Brie with crostini and raspberry coulis! Happy birthday!

Sometimes we just have to do something for us. Have a daughter fix your hair and put on some makeup if you want to. When I get down--(every time I look in the mirror) i find my makeup bag and put on my face.

I wear sleeves that go over the top of my now ugly arms--and long dresses that hide my legs (with my legs, it's sores all over them) I hide those things.

And, for an image that goes online--I photo shop it. I have a picture of me I use for publicity for my books. I took pounds and wrinkles off with some creative altering of the image--so I look 15 years younger and about 30 pounds thinner.

Just sometimes a little pampering works wonders! And, if you want an image fixed to put in a face b oo k album,, just yell. My kid does wonders with photo shop. Heck--I took a black and white image and gave it color and put makeup on the female--for a book cover.

Everyone's said that it's what's inside that matters, and that's true--but at times, it helps to just doll ourselves up a bit just because, ya know?

Hugs!

(PS: Are there not any type of exercises or splints they can use to gradually stretch your finger muscles so you're not in pain from contractures?)

hey toto..s....av ad 3 pinfs of lager tonight and a coule of large whiskies.....so i is thinking clearly..an a meant to say u was 4 foot six........am gutted u an ms pie dont love me no more........so i is a broken man////// johnny....

Dear Toto,
Sadly I have run out of rubies so I can't make you the slippers to click together. On the other hand, at least according to my daughter, I have enough yarn and fabric to outfit a large army.
She is wildly exaggerating the size of my stash, since I doubt I could clothe more than a couple of hundred people, but you know what daughters are like.
So if you would like a scarf or shawl in ruby red or even emerald city green do say so; you would be doing me a favour since I could then buy more yarn to feed my addiction, sorry, assist the economy in these difficult times, and practise my knitting skills as well!

Grateful, I'm grateful for the offer. I, too believed in the "who dies with the most fabric, wins" category! That was long before A L S sneaked in the front door when I wasn't looking. Oh children, what a PITA mine have become! That's Pain in the A$$, for those that didn't know that 1. There's another saying for you, Johnny.

To everyone, thanks for the concern. I didn't really mean for it to be a depressing thread. I was actually taking Johnnys perspective on it. I was hoping (false hopes here, I know), that when I went for the wheelchair seating, the P T responded with, "A L S, really? I would have guessed P L S." I know it wasn't her place but still in the back of my mind I was hoping. But since I seem to have too many "twins" and "triplets" out here, I still wanted a crack in the door.

And if I can't make fun of myself, then my life would be horrible. Oh, let me rethink that, it is horrible! But with you all as my family, life is more bearable. To be perfectly honest, I hadn't looked at myself in a long time, so when I saw those pictures, I was simply unprepared for my appearance, to say the least. I haven't worn make up since oldest girls wedding, so that may be the next step. That and color and cut! And choice of clothing. Geez, next thing I'll be photo shop ping my whole pic ture.

Again, thank you all for your support. I love you all, but Johnny I have always loved you more than Pie ever did! Don't know what you saw in her anyway. She's too sweet! LOL You need a little spice in your life. That's me!

And Johnny, after 3 pints of lager, look at me now. Metamorphosis complete. I look like Julia Roberts!

Toto, we have a whole lot of mirrors in this house. I find myself closing my eyes when I brush my teeth!
Certainly wish I could imbibe a few spirits like Johnny does to improve my perception of the view.
I"ll ask Jac to give us a lesson in photo shop on her next visit.;-)

As all the others have said, yours is a beautiful heart.

Well Deb, I guess imust have been back in Oz or in another state (of mind). We have a total of 4 mirrors in a 10 bedroom 4 bath home. 2 are in the bathrooms upstairs and 2 are in 2 of the bedrooms also upstairs. So I'm free from the "mirror, mirror on the wall" routine.

well,before pls i was a gym junky and long distance runner............buns of steel and thighs you could crack nuts with:lol:
sadly everything has gone floppy and south:sad:

if you want to look at yourself naked (i dont do this,just saying........honest)you always look better and slimmer laying down............though you may need some duck tape to stop the boobies going east and west:shock::lol:

johnny..........your mamma loves you:wink:

olly babes..nice to hear from you..get yrsen back on regular forum....so many on here were athletic...some sort of clue i thinks.........with yr buns o steel i couldnt risk a hug.....and yr thighs have me in a spin.....in my head..loves johnny........

Toto, you were one of the first people to say hello to me when I joined this forum, thank you for that. I don't know what you looked like before and I dont know what you look like now. I do know, however, that you are a beautiful person. God Bless. x

are...scotts lassie......i wanted to say that......flip n eck.......

Sorry Johnnie. Going by your past posts you'll come up with something brilliant, and better, soon. Hope that's a decent dram you're having. x

Olly when I was in my mid forties, I was an avid exercise freak. I spent over 3 hours a day working out. Treadmill, stair stepper (I mastered it), and of course the weights. Then IT started and my membership is wasting away like my muscles. Good to see you back. Had that surgery yet?

Johnny, my love, are you in a spin because Olly cracked your N@#$ between her thighs? Sorry, but you let me have that one!

Lassie, I'm glad we didn't meet in the di hals threads. I'm not such a sweet person or so I've been told.
Can't always be sweet otherwise I would have dia betes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back