Message from ottawagirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such great news to hear you are home Elaine! Looking forward to you being back with us. Continued prayers and a BIG hug!,

Hi Elaine, I'm still fairly new, but already appreciate your posts and words of wisdom. So glad you are on the mend! Praying for you . Take care
Mary Ellen

Hey girl... you're missed. Hope you're getting better. If you're not... stop doing that! :) A lot of prayers have been going your way. There's a lot of folks thinking about you. "Here's to ya..." oooops, it's a little too early for that. (But like Jimmy Buffet says, "It's five o'clock somewhere.")

Yasmin, have you heard anymore from Elaine? Missing you like crazy Elaine, and know that you continue to be in our prayers.
Paulette

I heard from her the other day. She said she would be back after she rested some more. :sad:

Praying for you Elaine, hope you feel better soon.

I believe Elaine is doing well, has a hospital bed now and starting to get some good sleep.

Hopefully she will be back with us soon, it has been tough but she is on the up.

We all LOVE YOU HEAPS Elaine!

Hey friends,

It's been a tough recovery. Suffering from very bad UTI - pills were impossible. Getting liquid anti biotics this afternoon. I am virtually incontinent - but hopeful this will fix itself. The bowels are a non starter these days, so thrice weekly intervention has been ordered. Hospital bed arrived - requires some adaptation... But better than sleeping in my PWC. There are at least 8 various caregivers here... Each is wonderful. ( we are lucky ). I have 02 at home in case of emergency - but have not used it. My breathing ( thank God) is AOK! Morphine and ativan doses are helping me greatly. Delayed feeding tube... At least until I feel better.

So, in my spare time, between caregivers, I sleep. Feeling weak.

Hope to be back in full force soon. Meanwhile, know your good wishes and prayers are seeing me through this bumpy patch.

Hope that 'hospital' bed didn't come with them 'round the clock nurses that have to wake you up every 20 minutes for something. :) (Glad you got it.) Get well soon girl!

Ooops... see above you got 'em. It's a good thing.

Glad to hear it Elaine. Get some rest and good meds and things will get better. Hang in there girlfriend. Love ya.

oh Elaine! Sending you a big virtual hug! Looking forward to you being up and about soon. get that plumbing working again and get back on line. Sleep, rest and know you are loved!

>It's been a tough recovery.

been waiting for this post, Elaine! Welcome back. You *will* get better. I've missed you :).

Max

So glad to hear from you Elaine! I will be praying that things settle down quickly, and get back to normal. I think the hospital bed will help a lot. We have finally worked most of the kinks out of Tim's bed and he loves it. I do miss sleeping beside him, and am not enjoying a twin bed, but that's nothing. Keep your chin up, and we'll be chatting soon.
Paulette

So fantastic to see your post Elaine!

We are all still holding you up and with you in spirit. You are a true inspiration, keep resting and conserving your energy so your body can heal up.

Elaine, you are truly an inspiration to me and probably all of us. Get well soon and know that you are still on my prayer list. :)

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back