Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Overland
"als for one year, but just diagnosed for sure at university in st louis---started with stiffness in hips and progressed to legs and arms---just now getting labored breathing---would like some info breathing progression--also first real notice of choking---have muscle pops all over body---very intense skeletal pain and muscle burn---pain increased as als progressed----difficult for family, but am blessed with wife who is rn and treats me with patience and kindness---this is my first discussions with other als---hard to discuss this illness without sounding like a snivel."

This forum is a place to snivel if you want.

Since you are in the St. Louis area I would urge you to join the Newly diagnosed support group. I gave been going over two years and it has been a blessing. You meet the nicest people and can see the different stages. No one is alike. We meet the second Tuesday of the month at 1 PM at the Siteman Cancer Center. This is probably where you see your neuro. Please come. It is sponsered by MDA.

Muscle Pops?

Can you tell me what is a muscle pop?

This forum is great for snivelling and finding people who understand. Glad to hear you found a good support group.

Barb

A nickel says he means fasciculations.

muscle pops

I don't know for sure what pops are but, My chest pops when I get the laugh cry spells. Also my face pops anyone relate. janf

Do you mean like a popping noise Jan?

chest pop

Al its more like a pop not noise, like your face feels when you strain to vomit(sorry hope you aren't eating).janf

I guess I haven't had that. It doesn't sound familiar and I had just finished lunch before reading your post. LOL. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back