Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Overland
"als for one year, but just diagnosed for sure at university in st louis---started with stiffness in hips and progressed to legs and arms---just now getting labored breathing---would like some info breathing progression--also first real notice of choking---have muscle pops all over body---very intense skeletal pain and muscle burn---pain increased as als progressed----difficult for family, but am blessed with wife who is rn and treats me with patience and kindness---this is my first discussions with other als---hard to discuss this illness without sounding like a snivel."

This forum is a place to snivel if you want.

Since you are in the St. Louis area I would urge you to join the Newly diagnosed support group. I gave been going over two years and it has been a blessing. You meet the nicest people and can see the different stages. No one is alike. We meet the second Tuesday of the month at 1 PM at the Siteman Cancer Center. This is probably where you see your neuro. Please come. It is sponsered by MDA.

Barbie4

Distinguished member
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Everett
Muscle Pops?

Can you tell me what is a muscle pop?

This forum is great for snivelling and finding people who understand. Glad to hear you found a good support group.

Barb

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
A nickel says he means fasciculations.

janf

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Country
tift
State
ga
City
tifton
muscle pops

I don't know for sure what pops are but, My chest pops when I get the laugh cry spells. Also my face pops anyone relate. janf

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Do you mean like a popping noise Jan?

janf

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Country
tift
State
ga
City
tifton
chest pop

Al its more like a pop not noise, like your face feels when you strain to vomit(sorry hope you aren't eating).janf

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
I guess I haven't had that. It doesn't sound familiar and I had just finished lunch before reading your post. LOL. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.