Her catalogues keep coming, and
Her garden magazine.
I run across the queerest names,
And study what they mean.
I read them all from end to end,
And when the spring is here,
I'll have a garden just like hers,
As though my wife were near

Thank you for sharing that lovely tribute.

A lovely sentiment. Very moving! Cindy

I've had the garden tidied up,
As she would have me do,
This little pal who couldn't stay
To see the season through.
The flowers were her dearest friends,
The garden was her own.
I've watched her work, but never knew
The things that she had grown.
Her catalogues keep coming, and
Her garden magazine.
I run across the queerest names,
And study what they mean.
I read them all from end to end,
And when the spring is here,
I'll have a garden just like hers,
As though my wife were near

I hope to read this at my wife's funeral to-morrow. Pray for me.

You are in our thoughts. I am sorry for your loss. Cindy

I am so very sorry for your loss. You are most definitely in my prayers.

My condolences to you and your family. May your wife rest in peace.

Irma

:oops:
I hope to read this at my wife's funeral to-morrow. Pray for me.

I managed to read the poem at my wife's funeral, together with a tribute. It was very hard and I faltered a few times, but I am certain with all your prayers, I completed it. It was a lovely thaksgiving for my wife's life and there were over 75 of my relatives and friends present. The Minister gave a very nice address. The music was Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, Jerusalem and God Be With You Till We Meet Again. The Wake was a joyous affair, meeting old friends and relatives I hadn't seen for ages. I treated my immediate family to a meal at a favourite restaurant. My Son & Daughter stayed overnight so I wasn'alone. They have just left so I am left with my thoughts. I have had plenty of invitations which I may take up when I'm ready. I have been counting my letters and cards-about 100, which are a great comfort, but bring a tear to my eye. I hope my wife approved of the service.
I hope to now try and pick up the reigns, but Christmas is going to be difficult. I am a Wandsman at St. Paul's Cathedral and attending the services will be comforting. The music is especially important to me as I am a church organist.
My wife had Bulbar MND which was very distressing but she bore it with fortitude and patience, often giving the thumbs up sign of approval (she couldn't eat or speak, I do miss her voice).
I must stop now before I get too emotional.
Iwould like to change my username to John as it was automatically put in by Google.

Hello John- glad all went well. You all sound like a lovely family and your wife must have been special to make such an impact on so many people. She will be missed, I am sure. Take extra care of yourself over these next few weeks. thhings will get tough but then eventually they start to get better. We will be with you at every step of the way. Cordially, Cindy

Hi John. Sorry for your loss. John is taken as a user name. Would JohnB be alright or would you prefer something else.
AL.

John -what a lucky wife you had to have such a thoughtful,dear man as a husband. Your tribute to her is beautiful,and I know it meant the world to your family. Als is so cruel . I am glad your wife had her garden ,and you will have that part of her in the future. You are in my thoughts and prayers as I see my dear sister slipping away. Mary

Thankyou, John B would be fine.

JohnB should work next time you sign in. Let me know if there are problems.
AL.

Puzzling

I would like to share this incident with you which will remain for me forever.
A few days before my wife died, my son, daughter, daughter-in-law and myself were with her at the hospice. She was under sedation, but just before we left she woke up and started to plead with us to let her get up. She was so strong and it took all of us to prevent her. It seemed as though she could see something that we couldn't as she was pointing with her finger. This went on for 3 hours, it was so distressing, and no matter what medication they gave her she fought against it. It was only when the night staff gave her another injection that she settled.
I have often wondered what would have happened if we had let her get up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back