Loved one DX
Country
US
State
South Carolina
City
Goose Creek
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share this with everyone. This was read at my husbands memorial service on 11-14-07 before releasing the doves at the graveside.

This ALS is the beginning of a journey of many changes, and challenges. This disease is a thief, stealing your ability to walk, to hold your loved ones, to speak, and finally, the ability to take a life giving breath.

Each one of these losses presents enough of a challenge for one to overcome. ALS ravages much more than the body, it tries to destroy families, marriages, friendships, dreams, one's sanity, finances, and even the will to live.

Leaving the doctors office with what one thinks is a death sentence makes you wonder is your life over.

Two choices: to let this disease consume you totally physically and mentally or to face this monster head on and fight.
continue living and to fight this with all you have.

My husband, John, chose, to fight this with al he had and used every method of prolonging his life from the walker, the feeding tube, wheelchair, communication device, ventilator with noninvasive mask, and finally a trach with the ventilator. All were met with resistance, but brought welcome results.

23 months ago, ALS became known to our family with much research involved.

Jesus loves life. Life is Valuable!
As a Christian we know God loves us and gave us life. God gave us a will to do as we choose with this life. We choose to life for the experiences, the good with the bad. We pray for the strength not to regret the past, or fret the future, but to rejoice and live in the present.

Who knows, tomorrow there might be a cure, or you could teach someone, how to appreciate the things that really matter in life, but you will never know, unless you continue to fight, and live out the life you have been given.

Keep fighting for a cure.

Caroliney

I'm sorry for your loss. That was very beautiful and inspiring. Stay strong. {{{Hugs & Prayers}}}

Caroliney,

That was a very moving tribute...You sound like a very strong lady! I hope I will be just as strong.

Thanks.

Well said and beautiful. God Bless you and your family. Anne

What a lovely memorial. Thank you for sharing, Caroliney.

Caroliney, such a lovely tribute. May God bless you, and may your husband rest in peace!

Irma

What a wonderful message of honor and hope. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I hope that you are at peace with John's passing and I pray continued strength and peace for you and your family.
God bless you,
Nicki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back