12/2010
Country
US
State
FL
City
Orlando
Start writing something--anything--now.

My PALS Krissy (RIP) wrote a page about the disease, a page to me, and then lost the use of her hands before writing anything to her children. There are two pages--titled but empty. She never had the chance, really, to use her eyegaze computer for anything as complex as writing. Then she was gone.

She didn't have the foresight to begin writing something--perhaps just to say goodbye--to our children prior to losing the ability to communicate in writing.

I recommend every PALS should begin writing something--anything--now while they have the chance.

I second that. My mom kept a journal when she first was diagnosed with cancer. Then all the sudden she stopped. I was always hoping she would have left a letter for me. It would have meant so much to me and given me so much closure. I know some people write letters for their families to read down the road if they have a serious illness. Like to open on their wedding day, graduation, birth of first child, etc. Or just a note about life and their favorite memories.
Those that can't write could maybe make a video using any available devices that would work in doing so.

Thanks for bringing this up, I will mention this to hubby, I have already asked for a recorded message , I can't imagine going thru the rest of my life and not have a recording of his lovely gentle voice, it will also br good to listen to , to check if his voice is being affected by this disease.
Love Gem

Keeping journals this past year has been an important activity for me. I keep one for each of my children, and another for myself/husband. Memories of them growing up, lists of all the things I love/loved doing with them, random thoughts,etc. Hopes/dreams for their future...

I've never kept journals before, so it was a little hard to get started, but I'm so glad I did. It's getting harder to write already.

Great suggestion Mike. I wish Joe would have done that. I still have his greeting on our answering machine and don't want to erase it. A little weird but so what. I get to hear his voice and remember him and his kind, loving, gentle ways.

Debbie

i wish i did wright something. before i knew. i did put something on my np.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back