Diagnosis
05/2008
Country
US
State
California
City
Los Angeles
There are so many good writers on this forum, with humorous, heart-breaking, and/or instructive stories to tell, that I wanted to alert you to a family-history and memoir writing contest that you might be interested in.

First: It's FREE. No entry fee. :-o
Second: There are small cash prizes. (Ranging from $25 to $200.) :shock:
Third: Your story might be published in print in a family-history journal, or online, thus helping raise awareness of ALS. :smile:

It's sponsored by the So. Calif. Genealogical Society, and details of the contest are at the following link:

http://www.scgsgenealogy.com/2008contest-cat.htm

There are two categories: stories under 1,000 words, and stories of 1,001 to 2,000 words. The deadline is December 31. (Articles must be received by then, not just postmarked.)

You writers (you know who you are, hint, hint, MT Pockets et al) should consider it. It can be about your own experiences with ALS, or have nothing to do with ALS. The emphasis of the contest is on true stories about your own life, or relatives, or ancestors, or whatever you like.

Ladies and gentlemen, start your keyboards ...

I second that MT POCKET'S EMOTION.. One of the most inspirational people on the earth.. Great idea Beth, I did not recognize you at first, your picture looks as kind as you.

Beth,

I love the picture of you, too! You are beautiful!

jennifer

I agree Beth, you ARE beautiful. (in more ways than one!) Isn't it funny how when you read all these posts, that you feel like you know the person? And even more amazing, you look SO MUCH like I imagined you would! Thank you for all you share and contribute, and for all the kindness and support that you give others. And your HUMOR! Thank you for your delightful sense of humor.

Thank you, Jennifer and Hoping and Linda. Wow, what lovely feedback and such kind words. The photo was taken 6 years ago, before my hair mysteriously turned brown. :)

Wow, how about that?! Another ALS symptom.............changing hair color. My hubby wishes it would at least make some of his grow back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back