11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
hi everyone.
i am enquiring for my friend delb about part D of medicare to pay for his als drugs.
his als worker said she did not know anything about it,was supposed to be checking but that was nearly 2wks ago.
he needs part D and a list of 20 pharmacies to take his perscripion to.
does anyone know about this,as i am in the uk i don't have a clue.
as he can not talk he can't phone the social security about it.
does anyone know if there is a email address,delb is in texas.
any info is much apreciated.
take good care
caroline:)

Hi Caroline,

For information: try Medicare.gov. There is information about the whole Medicare program including part D.

Good luck,
Mark

this site may be helpful in choosing a plan:

http://www.mymedicarematters.org/PrescriptionDrugs/index.asp

You must choose a plan and they vary by state and county in which you live.

I will try to find assistance in the state of Texas, as there are community based programs to help the elderly and disabled in choosing a plan that is appropriate for them.

thankyou

i will look at these sites.
he has part A+B but these dont cover the cost of the als drugs that are about $800 a month and needs part D for these.
also they give you a list of 20 pharmacies.
thankyou and take care.
caroline:confused:

I've tried to post this info twice now, but failed. Now I've lost the exact link. Anyway:

https://www.211texas.org/211/search/searchResults.do?searchId=741564

This site will help Del find the local office closest to him of the Agency on Aging (AAA). They will assist elderly and disabled with Medicare decisions and other needs. He can email them or maybe get his friend to call them and explain his situation.

Also, I cannot remember if Del has been to ALS Clinic. If os, the social worker should be able to help him with this or find someone than will help him.

jimmercat

thankyou so much for your help.
del went to the als clinic nearly 2wks ago and got some perscriptions.
he emailed renee his alsa worker but has not heard from her,he did have a social worker visit last weekend.
it's difficult as he can not call the social security office himself .
i will pass on all the info to del and will definatly get in touch with the AAA.
take good care.
caroline:-D

Caroline,

Still digging up some info. Sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back