Status
Not open for further replies.
...it's a bit of a side-note for me as well, although I did want to ask about how much CBD to take. I will be close to Colorado in a couple of weeks and would like to try some. One complication though: I've been sober some years in AA so I don't want to take much THC for obvious reasons.

Today I called a Colorado Dispensary and talk to a budtender who was great - he noted a strain called "Remedy CBD Oil" which he said was almost all CBD - I think it was a 50:1 CBD to THC ratio. The cost was $150 for 500mg. Each drop contains 2mg.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about how much to take - I saw that some take over 100mg daily - although in doing the math, that is a lot of $!

Any suggestions on how much to take, and how to take it? I don't mind smoking it as long as it's not too high in THC. Also want to know the biggest bang for the buck.

Thanks in advance, and forgive me if any are dumb questions - am not familiar with cannabis.

I take 120mg of CBD and 60mg of THC daily.
Don't smoke it, not good for your lungs.
Vape it or, as I do, take it orally (with food).

I get mine with a Colorado medical card, so I can't advise on cost. You're stuck with recreational prices.

yea bear i know what ya mean i have been clean and sober for 28 yrs and don't feel useing now will help any but iam still avocate for mm and may still try it regardless. if it would help i am there chally

Thanks Greg.
Yeah...I wish it was a little cheaper although I did find a chart online...they are only suggestions although they say that 18-27mg is not a bad range, although you would largely have to adjust depending on your "condition". That said, it would still be costly although not near if I had to take over 100mg per day. I'm guessing some is better than none and as this forum has said, almost all reviews are positive. I would prefer not to smoke it and as you say, take it other ways.
And Chally.....I've researched CBD oil online and it says it does not get you "high" - that said, I don't see any problem at all with taking something that might slow progression....and, at the same time, calm me down.

Bear, please post a link to the site with the recommended dosage.

sure thing:

<URL deleted>

[Sorry, but that's a commercial link -- Mod]

...ok, not sure if I can post this or not (...not commercial?) although this addresses the dilemma with CBD Dosages:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/839155_9

In doing lots of reading, it looks like dosages vary widely, and that the consensus seems to be to start low and work you way up - one website suggested starting at about 5mg /day and slowly working up until the desired effect is achieved.

Aaarrrrgggg. PM me, please, Bear!

Bear, my husband has been taking 52.5 mg CBD & 18.5 THC per day for nearly 7 months:
a 15mg CBD/2mg THC oil capsule three times a day plus a 12.5mg CBD/12.5mg THC chocolate right before bed. He hasn't felt the head high with that program but sleeps well.

His doc had recommended a much higher daily dosage but it is simply cost prohibitive. We can see positive effects at the dose he's taking, though. When we were there in June, the CO recreational dispensaries had much more CBD product and much cheaper than the medical dispensaries here in CA.

Nikki, thanks for checking the links.

Thanks for your post 4tloml. That is good to hear that even with certain %'s of THC there is no head high. Good to hear too that he is experiencing positive effects with what he is on. And I see what you mean : more than what you are taking would be ++++ expensive at recreational prices

Interesting...

This is sort of a general post, but in case it's helpful to anyone reading here. If there's a better place for this info please let me know!

My mom asked to be prescribed some marijuana and got it. She already smokes (cigarettes) and was known to smoke weed in her younger days, so she requested the actual plant as opposed to the synthetic type.

The distributor near us (Ontario; they're called Tweed -- very hipster place) is very knowledgeable and asked questions about mom's situation to determine the type of plant to send. We decided on one type for night time and one type for day time, both very mild types. The night time one has almost no THC (0.56% I think, in America it would be classified as hemp apparently) and about 11% CBD and it's her favourite; very calming. The day time one has about equal THC and CBD at around 11%, but she finds this one a bit strong. There are apparently two main types of plant, too -- indica and sativa -- which have different effects. Mom's are both hybrids of two plants.

Mom has emotional lability, and this medical marijuana helps with that A LOT. For the record, she also gets prescribed valium, to be taken as needed, which also helps with the emotional lability and muscle spasms. There are concerns with both regarding breathing, but her breathing is strong and so it has not been an issue for her. The only trouble she has had is that her mouth and throat get dry from smoking, and phlegm can become a problem.

Mom is on disability, and here in Ontario that means she can get her medical marijuana subsidized. We paid about $4.50 CND/gram, total of 15 grams. (She only takes about 2 puffs at a time.)

There are other threads on mmj.
Smoking is possibly the worst way for a PALS to use mmj.
Vaping seems to be the easiest. I take mine (in an olive oil suspension) with food.
Spread over the day I take 120mg CBD and 60mg THC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back