Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
NC
City
Louisburg
I have read all the treads for and against it, but if I were to decide to give it a try, how would I go about getting medical marijuana? The websites have me dizzy. Does anyone know the best way to go about this? I am not open to buy it off the street.

Thank you.

I believe that the prescription name is Marinol. Marinol isn't smokable, I don't think. I think that it is the active ingredient in marijuana in pill form.

Your problem is likely to be finding a physician willing to prescribe it. Tends to draw attention from law enforcement.

Marinol is usually only prescribed for Cancer patients. Remember, ALS is a painless disease!

Don't the rules vary state by state?

AL.

over here in the uk it can be prescribed from a doctor,it is very beneficial for those with ms to help ease muscle spasms so could help in pls/als where spasm pain is a problem........ it can be in powder form to put in food,if my gp would let me have it i would give it a try.

I could tell you about California rules but that's not going to help you much. I did a quick look and it appears there was a bill introduced last year to leagalize in North Carolina but I couldn't quickly find what happened to it.

I goes state by state, who has voted in Medical marijuana laws. Some have others don't. But it still is a federal crime, can't figure that one out...?

Thanks Katie, they almost got the bill passed, but not yet.

Painless disease ha ha he he. They need to change that one really bad. Why does ALSA not recognize this ?

I would give those powdered brownies a try if it were an option.

Glad you caught that. The first doc we saw told us about ALS being painless. He really believes it too. And it doesn't affect the eyes or bowels. And it only affects less than 5% with cognitive issues.

Thanks for all the replies. Since the original thread I did find 2 companies that will ship Medical Marijuana, but I do understand that it's still illegal in most states. I did notice that 2 replies alluded to this being a "painless disease", which mean you're having pain. I too am I having a tough time with my hips and back. Care to share your pains?
I love having all of you here to share thoughts and opinions.

Much thanks.

In my country you can get it in extreme cases, insurance pays 4 it , i'm in Holland ;) no marihuana paradise, but the laws here are more flexible!

Thanks for all the replies. Since the original thread I did find 2 companies that will ship Medical Marijuana

Not sure where you found this but nobody will ship this stuff to you in North Carolina. It is against the law. They will take your money and ship you some kind of synthetic crap or better yet just take your money. This is not possible........wish it was but it is not.

The weed a available now is not even similar to the strength and intensity of that being sold when I was in college. This stuff now is hallucinagenic.

Be sure of your response to the MJ before you get invested in the romance. Some strains make some folks parinoide, whe others affect mainly the body. You can also obtain a butter form for cooking which some people prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back