Medical Cannabis for ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kim thanks for shown direction. i noticed dry eyes in the morning. maybe it doesnt have to do anything with cannabis at all, but you just mentioned...

Eye drops help me. The eye doctor gave me some wipes that I'm supposed to use each night and some preservative-free drops. Both seem to work. I also like my room very dehumidified so I'm sure that is part of the problem. I can reset the thermometer for a higher humidity, if it becomes necessary.

Speaking to one of the top Clinical/Research neurologists in Canada, she said over half of her cases use cannabi. It works to relieve so many of the patient's needs she recommend it. It controls spasms/cramping, relieves pain, helps with depression/anxiety, and works as a sleep aid. I have used an oil that has equal parts THC and CBD at about 12.5%. I use less during the day to keep alert (1ml) and more at night (2ml) to aid with sleep. I take the oil in my feeding tube so I don't have to taste it. If you are new to this, start with a small dose to find out what works for you. Taking it as an edible means you don't feel the effects for most of 2 hours. A common mistake is taking cannabis edibles and deciding that they don't feel anything after an hour and taking more and winding up seriously impaired. I have used cannabis for about 4 years and would highly ( pun intended) recommend it.
Vincent

Vincent, Can you translate the amount you're taking to milligrams. I'm up to 200 mg. of CBD but only 10 mg. of THC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back