Diagnosis
08/2012
Country
US
State
De
City
Dagsboro
I ordered a medical alert for my hubby as he fell when I was out and could not get up. There was a $25. Monthly charge.

When we were at the VA clinic I mentioned it to the PA and she said one was available through the VA and ordered it for us. It is called Freedom Alert. You can program it to call 4 friends phone numbers + 911---or just 911. The beauty of this is there is no monthly charge. So far, so good.

Check it out. Claire

Yes, the VA sent us two of the "no subscription" brand of medic alerts.

Tampa VA was like Santa Claus. Their people seemed to enjoy finding and buying all the stuff that we could possibly need.

Cici, we got one also but when I was setting it up I triggered a 911 call. So there is now an offical record of me being a whackjob

We got something called guardian alert but have not set it up yet, just dumb I guess. Mike we're the same way, va provides all kinds of gadgets but then when I want something well then out come the " hoops" .

Yes Chally, guardian alert is the other option at va. We havent had any problem at tampa va getting anything we need or will need soon. I think it is region dependent which isnt right. We are waiting on home health because an outside agency did the va hospitals budget. Everything was based on volume and not the vet population. Pretty stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back