Reason
CALS
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Maple Ridge
I was not sure where to post this but wanted to share some fellow caregiver support. I am the tiredest in the late afternoon, when the children were small it was called the aresnic hour. So here are my energy savers.... BBQ chickens are great, pick up at store, in our home we get three meals plus broth, you can throw on lettuce for salad, have a baked potatoe with some, cook vegetables in broth for great soup. I learned along time ago from "flylady.com" to start with a shiny sink, if all you do in a day is keep your sink clear so people can see the shine -- the rest of the house seems to fall into place. And only do things like cleaning, decluttering etc ... 10 mins. at a time. Then take a coffee break, yup unheard of in most homes BUT purposely sit and drink your coffee/tea to the last drop.

Hope some of this helps. I find meals sometimes the most tiresome especailly after a long day of caring, or appointments or just plain living the good life with "AL" and friends.

bless each and every one of you... Blaze

Bless you too! Love your post! ;)

I love your tip about the shiny sink... wonder if it would work in my house, when they leave their plates and glasses in the living room all the time!

Another tip is that many stores have sales on the chicken one day a week: So you can pick up those chickens for $5 (used to be less, everything's gone up) on certain days... So pick up several chickens, go to the deli counter and order pasta salad, salad bar, etc. and your meal is all set for that night, and you can either prepare the chicken that night for another meal, or just toss it in the freezer and take it out another day.

Ya mean some people COOK? My idea of cooking is spaghetti--and steaks I can toss on my George Forman grill. Dollar General Market has some awesome ribeye individually packaged that are a ten minute meal. My daughter won't eat unless I cook--and she is the worlds fussiest eater--and absolutely won't eat left over anything. (Everyone knows spaghetti taste better on day two! except her)

Great tips! Most days, I'm just too darn tired, and I end up telling her to make a ham sandwich.

I hear you. I'm actually a very good cook, we eat every meal in a restaurant because I need the break.

Sometimes, my version of "cleaning up" is simply to throw it all out. You see, when we got the diagnosis, it put life in focus and I realized how much our "stuff" had taken over our lives. So now I'm not shy about getting rid of it.

TRASH IT ALL. After much reflection, I realize all we really need is a passport, a driver's license, some cash, and each other. Everything else is just taking up space.

I am one of the world's worst pack rats. I need to take Atsugi's advice and simplify my house. I know it would make things easier for all of us!

Atsugi- does it have to go in that order? Just sayin'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back