Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
Uk
State
East Midlands
City
lowestoft
Thread had been closed so i've chopped-pasted from my first post..........

Hi all..I'm writing for a little bit of strength and advice from you... bring you up to speed..diagnosed with a monomelic atrophy in left hand a few weeks ago after hand has been slowly wasting since last autumn, though i'm worried the neuro suspects als....c.p.k.test was 240 and had one e.m.g.. he said he wasn't too great with them and sent me for another e.m.g. with a colleague in the city...wasn't good from what i gathered..both asked if legs were ok..they are..He didn't say much other than wait and see..legs are fine but this last week been getting nerve things in back...popping/boiling texture under skin below the shoulder blades.and underneath triceps.and to me looks different...i can see my ribs more at the back with a couple of mirrors..i didn't want to ask my wife to look...i'm scared stiff and don't want to scare her as well...we've only been married 8months..and now about to be referred for IVF...i can't burst her bubble so i'm on here instead..
Well been to see my GP, as six weeks on i'm getting twitches a lot, and he is writing to the neuro for a sooner appt than oct. so wait and see then... i read that a lots of Pals have atrophy before twitching..I have twitches in my atrophied left hand as well asthe rest of my torso and right arm..this is without definate weakness...so what comes first weakness or twitching? It's been stated many times on here that twitching without atrophy is nothing to worry about..but bodywide twitching with just the left hand/arm atrophied?, can twitching be a pre-curser or always the result of atrophy?
Thank you for taking time to read this and the effort responding..:).x

ALS/MND does not start app with body wide twitching.
I am not a Doctor but it doesn't start that way.

Couldn't you try to get your next Neuro's appointment sooner if you are so worried or, perhaps contacting a different Neuro who can schedule an appointment within weeks.
Just suggestions.

Good luck.

Hi Carlos..that is getting a sooner appt. lol Originally it was mid October.... good old NHS:)..

>>>the twitching wasn't the first sign, weakness and atrophy in left hand was the first, then the twitching started six months later... they are little flickerings always in the same small muscles....just a long wait i guess...i'm not great at waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back