Not open for further replies.

planningguy

Country
US
State
Wyoming
City
Sheridan
Well... I finally got the call from the MAYO, and my appointment is set for April 21st.

I am seeing Dr. Bruce Evans. Since we still have a wide angle lense on this thing we're starting with a general neurological approach, though I did notice one of his specialties is cerebrovascular disease. He also lists as one of his interests, "Prediction of student performance using neural net computer models." I'll let you know if I wind up in a maze looking for the cheese ;)

Exited to be moving again. They had some earlier appointments, but this one fit in with a work conference so I don't have to pay for the plane flight and half the hotel bill. If anyone has any recommendations for accomodations I would appreciate it.

Take care all,

Robert

Good luck, Robert. I really hope you get closer to anwers and further from Mnd!

~april

Robert,

Good luck, with your appointment. Which Mayo are you going to?

Hi Robert GOOD LUCK! Re you being seen in Minnesota? If so, which airport MSP or RST?

Yay Robert!

Glad you're moving again!

That analogy about the maze and the cheese sure hits home!

Wishing good new for you!

Tracy

Hey Robert, when they put you through the maze, they'll probably stick a flag on your head so they can trace your movements. I hope the cheese is swiss!

Hi Robert, Hope your answers come soon!

Thank you for all the well wishes. I will be going to the Rochester MAYO. My local neuro recommended it. Now come the fun part, filling there records requests. Looks like I'm off to track down my biopsy slide too. It will give me something to do while I wait.

Best wishes,

Robert

PS Mmm.... swiss cheese ;)

Really hope you get some answers this go around, keep us posted, margaret

Robert

Good Luck, I hope they have all the answers for you.

Just wanted to add my best wishes as well:smile:

awesome, Robert!

I cant remember where we stayed, but it is really easy to find your way around once you get there. Basically a straight shot and not alot of traffic.

When we called to book a room they gave us "clinic rates"- I dont know how long you will be staying, but a tip I got on this forum is that- once you get there they will make a schedule of all the things you will be doing- You can go to any of the "appointments" early and wait for someone who is a no show and speeds the process up quite a bit. It is alot of hurry up and wait.

Best wishes and I hope they figure it out soon!

Love,
Cindy
P.S. I think Spring is really going to come! FOR REAL!

Well, the flights are booked, the rooms reserved, and the packet has come in from the MAYO.

Cindy - Thank you for the tip on showing up early for appts. The wife and I are going to load a few movies on the i-pod and bring a few good books to help keep us entertained. My initial appointment is about 4 days before my conference starts, but the sessions I really need to attend aren't until the following day. I'm hoping that is enough time to squeeze everything in.

Hard not to keep that sense of anticipation from building, but trying to keep a level head.

Take care,

Robert

robert-
Sounds like you have everything in place for Mayo! Great job my friend!

Make sure during that maze that the flag they stick in your head lights up-easier for your wife to spot you!:lol::lol::lol:

Hi Robert! I'm glad you're going to Rochester and I will pray for some answers for you. I still don't have my thing completely nailed down but do know that it's some combination of lupus and other autoimmune nonsense. I will be going on Methotrexate soon and trying to get off prednisone!

You're in my thoughts...best of luck.

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back