Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CO
City
Granby
Hi guys. Just wanted to give an update to those of you that have followed my complicated story. On a whim, I decided to call the Mayo Clinic yesterday as I'm getting more and more frustrated with seeing multiple docs and none of them coming to conclusions. Anyway, they said that yes they would see me and could I be there Monday. I couldn't believe it...I thought it would take a really long time to get in.

So, my hubby and I are Arizona bound and my parents are coming to watch the kids. I've never been away from them for more than a night or two so this will be hard for me. But, I have my fingers crossed that I will get some answers.

I want to say that I do not believe that what I have is ALS. It's been almost a year of symptoms and I have some mild weakness and twitching but many other symptoms now that don't fit the picture. I hope Al and Cindy feel it's okay for me to still post...I have made some friends here and maybe someone else can benefit from my story as my early symptoms were very ALS-like.

I'll update when I can. I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Tracy

Tracy

that is great news! I hope it goes well, where is Mayo?

I think that it is important even if you dont have an als diagnosed, that you post. You were afraid of it and you had some mild weakness and twitching, etc. I agree, it can help other's that are scared to see that someone was as nervous as them and it was something else. I pray that it is for you!

best wishes!

april

Tracy,

Good luck with your appointment..... please keep us posted!

Wishing you luck Tracy. We need a few members that will find out they don't have ALS to try to help out the freak outs when they arrive. I don't have a problem with you staying around to help.

AL.

good 4 you

Hi Tracy:

when i wasn't getting answers, i went there too. mine started in my
arms & hands and my legs had fasiculations but were still strong, so i
didn't present like most. they'll run a million tests on you and i hope
they can give you an answer. please feel free to PM me shd you
want to. enjoy the scenery, although i imagine its hot.

best of luck !

Shane

Tracy, this is good news! Please get back with us when you're able. I am soooo hoping that they will have some answers for you, or failing that, direction to at least be looking in.

big hugs! :)

p.s. The kids will be fine... I remember how hard it was to leave mine when they were young, so I hardly ever did, but they'll do much better than tagging along with you and your hubby. You can always tell them it would be 20 times worse for them than a trip to the shopping mall, followed up by a "slow food" restaurant :cool:

Tracy,
My thoughts are with you for your trip to Mayo.
Keep the faith,
brenda

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I'll update when I can!

Tracy,

My brother had an excellent experience with the Scottsdale Mayo. I hope they can provide you with the answers you need. Hoping for the best.

Rose - Ironically my kids (even the youngest) love "slow" restaurants. I think my oldest is getting to make the big transition. The other day I asked him if he wanted a kids meal the other day, and he said he was hungrier than that. Sigh, I hope we still have time before a gallon of milk starts disappearing in two days.

Robert

Robert, When my eldest son started the growth spurt, he suddenly became very interested in helping me put away the groceries. He was "The Man" ... and I was loving it, but kind of puzzled as to why he was so helpful. - Until I discovered he was selectively putting his favorite foods (non perishable) up in the cabinet over the fridge where the other kids weren't tall enough to reach yet. :cool:

I'm glad you had some positive input for Tracy and the Mayo clinic..... take care, :)

Too funny guys! My 7 yr old eats more that i do in a day! he is solid muscle and it is amazing. We are talking about putting a lock on our pantry door becuase of his eating and sneaking........them boys

Hey all...Well I'm still in Arizona. Should be done today. I wish I could say that I've been enlightened but there haven't been any "Aha" moments. We went through a day of thinking I had pulmonary hypertension (second time this has happened) and had to have a right heart catherization to rule this out. I had slightly elevated pressures but not enough to diagnose anything. My ANA still is elevated and anti-DNA but not enough I guess to convince the docs that it's autoimmune.

I have my final appts. today and will go home tomorrow. I'll write more about the whole thing when I get home. The good news is that we have ruled out some really scary things including ALS.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.

Tracy

The good news is that we have ruled out some really scary things including ALS.
Tracy,
That is wonderful news! Enjoy the rest of your travels, and we hope to hear from you soon,
take care,
big group hugs!
brenda

Good news, Tracy! We can always use some of that around here!

Good news is hard to find around here sometimes. Thanks for the day brightener.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back