Status
Not open for further replies.
Atsugi,
Great advice.

Lost One, welcome to the family and Happy Birthday! You are a daughter to be proud of! Take care of yourself and remember to ask for help, you are not alone...

Jen

thank you everyone i feel the love, and yesthis may be the worst thing i couldve ever deal with at such a young age, but you guys are right, I dont know if she'll be here for 1 or for 10 years..and i thank all of u making me feel a lil better tonight:lol:..its been tough

Happy birthday and welcome to the forums. What a blessing you are for your Mom.
Please take time to take care of yourself. Don't hesitate to get help from whatever resources you have available.

Happy birthday and welcome. Your Mom has got to be so proud of you! What a mature 17 year old you are. Just don't forget to keep on living your life while caring for your Mom, she would want you to do that and seeing you happy is what makes a Mom happy, just ask me, I know! {{hUGS}}

You are soooo right, Dean's Wife there is no greater joy in life than seeing our children happy and well adjusted. We, as Moms can go many miles with that knowledge!

Lost One, so sorry to hear of your Mom's diagnosis...my daughter was also 16 when I got diagnosed. Remember that though you need to help your Mom out, do not forget to live YOUR life. I totally agree with Barbie and Atsugi, that the best testament to me as a Mom would be to show my daughter to reach for the stars and enjoy her life! My daughter is now 18, and is making college plans... I'm still here and plan on being here for a lot longer, and your Mom may well be still here to see you graduate from college. You just don't know.

Lost One, I am so sorry to hear of your mom's diagnosis. This must be a frightening time for you. Your mom is lucky to have such a wonderful and strong daughter! Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to ask for help.
Happy Birthday!

We'll be here for you--and for your mom. I read the post about her upcoming PEG--choose to think of this as a good thing for her, if you can. Keeping on weight is important and this will help with that.

Hugs hon--I'm glad your Mom has such a good daughter to help and support her.

So sorry for you and your mum. You are very young to cope so make sure you have support too
god bless

Have a Happy Birthday despite all odds!

Welcome! So sorry this had to happen to your mom and your family, but I'm glad to hear of your strength and understanding. Try to have a good birthday--your mom wants you to enjoy yourself, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back